Monday, July 16, 2007

I get a break!

Last week, Jim and I met with my oncologist, Dr. Goldberg. We think that the tumor has responded well to radiation and chemo and I get to take a three week break! At the end of the three weeks, I'll have another MRI, where we'll decide what the next step is; which most likely will be a stronger round of oral chemo.

I had my last radiation appointment today and am feeling good, other than being tired out all the time. To be honest, I have some bad days, but I have lots to look forward to in the future like a vacation and time with my family who make life worthwhile for me.

Tomorrow, Jim, Jigsaw, and I will head to the Washington Coast to take a much needed vacation. We're staying at the Lighthouse Resort, which I've heard is very nice (picture below). I'm looking forward to relaxing to the sound of the ocean. Check back next week for pictures (if Jim and I can actually make the camera work) and update of my time away!

I really love and appreciate all that my friends have done for me and my family. I am always looking forward to visits, especially since I don't have to travel to Seattle everyday for radiation. Please feel free to come by, just call in advance to make sure I'm up and moving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail:
I have never written on a blog. I am going to have to go to a higher level of computer knowledge I can see. Nada look forward to seeing you next Sunday, 7-22 at 4:00. Have fun at the ocean. I can hear the waves now!!
Love
Linda Sager

Richard (Pete) Sawyer said...

Gail and Jim and Family
We had a wonderful time visiting with you and thank you for your generous hospitality and generous sharing of the joys of your family and the courage of your walk on this new path. This blog is another gift you are giving for those of us who care about you and have you in our thoughts and prayers each day. I am sharing this with our family as they often ask about you. A great way for them to get to know something of cousins far away. Love Pete and Connie

Anonymous said...

HI Gail!!!
Thanks so much for the update and info and pictures of your family!! You are so right--it is so great to be a grandmother and enjoy their sweet spirits. Our family has been in Estes Park, CO for a week with our children and grandchildren. It has been wonderful and fun and exhausting and we're ready to come home!! Kay and I think of you always and send our prayers to you and Jim and your family. Your courage is amazing! Love, Janice and Kay