Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm home again

Jim and I got back from Long Beach on Friday. We had a relaxing time and I really enjoyed the place we stayed. However, on Wednesday night, my cognition became very bad. I tried to eat dinner, and was unable to feed myself and was also unable to speak clearly. Coming home on Friday night, I was very upset and thought that possibly I would not regain all of my cognitive abilities. We called the oncologist who told us that, while there were several possibilities, the most likely one was that the doctors had tapered my steroid too much and the tumor swelling had returned. He put me on mega doses of the steroid and almost immediately, I began to improve. I am feeling much better now and am happy to be back to normal in a lot of ways.

We continue get through each day and each new experience. I certainly love and appreciate all of the family and friends who have shown their love and concern for me.

Jim and I have already planned our return trip to Long Beach and the Lighthouse Resort in September after Labor Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you daily. Thank you for allowing us all to be kept in the know and follow along on this journey with you. Bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture from the ocean with you. I am so happy you have put this blog together, now I can check in on you anytime. Always know we are thinking of you and love you very much, Aunt Gail. Hope to see you next weekend if possible.

Linda said...

I love being able to go into your blog whenever I'm on the computer. It's wonderful to have more current updates. I hope you are doing even better today. Those steroids are not fun but they can be very helpful. I'm glad they are helping you.

Enjoy your next two weeks free from treatments. I'm glad you were able to go to the coast last week and relax.

I love all the pictures of you, the girls, and the grandkids. Thank you Megan for helping with this for all of us!