Here is another picture of my days with Tyler and Noah. This is Tyler and me playing "Kerplunk." We had a lot of fun.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Many thanks for the blog! The updates are great and the pictures are terrific. I'd love to play Ker-plunk if I don't have to get down on the floor. Hugs, Sue
Hi, I can't believe I didn't think of this in the beginning of your problems. I called Bessie today and got the information for the Washington State Library for People with Disabilities . You can call them and get talking books (tapes) and they have a radio reading program. Just be sure you ask for it. You will need a special receiver, which they will supply, to use it. Bessie said it's like ours - they read the daily newspapers and other things. The phone number is 615-0400 (800 524-0866). You will need to provide them with a signed statement from a doctor and it will start right away. This will help to fill in time when people can't be there for you. You can also request the Ensign and other church things. Good luck. Sorry it took so long for my brain to kick in. If you have any problems tell them you got the info from Bessie Oakes. Glad to know you're doing better today. Love you!
Hi - This is Jim. Megan will be "off-line" for a few days before she is again helping Gail with her blog. Till then, Gail would like you to know that she saw her doctor on Wednesday and that she is feeling better. Love, Gail and Jim
Since many of you don't know what exactly is happening with me, I thought I'd tell my story here. April of 2007, I began noticing that I was having problems organizing my thoughts and saying the right things. Jim convinced me to go see my doctor, who ran an MRI. We got the results back in early May, and the diagnosis was that I have terminal brain cancer called Glioblastoma. The tumor takes up much of the left side of my brain, which makes reading, writing, and speaking pretty difficult for me. I had a craniotomy in mid-May, which confirmed my diagnosis. Through my friends at work, I met a great doctor who has helped me begin my treatments. I am now spending my time enjoying family and friends and living my life!
3 comments:
Many thanks for the blog! The updates are great and the pictures are terrific. I'd love to play Ker-plunk if I don't have to get down on the floor.
Hugs,
Sue
Hi, I can't believe I didn't think of this in the beginning of your problems. I called Bessie today and got the information for the Washington State Library for People with Disabilities . You can call them and get talking books (tapes) and they have a radio reading program. Just be sure you ask for it. You will need a special receiver, which they will supply, to use it. Bessie said it's like ours - they read the daily newspapers and other things. The phone number is 615-0400 (800 524-0866). You will need to provide them with a signed statement from a doctor and it will start right away. This will help to fill in time when people can't be there for you.
You can also request the Ensign and other church things. Good luck. Sorry it took so long for my brain to kick in. If you have any problems tell them you got the info from Bessie Oakes.
Glad to know you're doing better today. Love you!
Hi - This is Jim. Megan will be "off-line" for a few days before she is again helping Gail with her blog. Till then, Gail would like you to know that she saw her doctor on Wednesday and that she is feeling better.
Love,
Gail and Jim
Post a Comment