Sorry it has been so long since I have updated the blog. The kids and I have all been sick and have been unable to visit Mom (since the chemo makes her body unable to fight off any germs, we have to stay away when we're sick). She had a great weekend, though, and has Maria back caregiving this week. Maria had to go home to Mexico last week to be with her family, so we are happy to have her back. Mom has also had someone from hospice come in in the mornings this week to help her with showering. Mom was really reluctant to have this done at first, but says she is glad she tried it because the lady is really nice and helps her quite a bit.
We are all looking forward to another great Thanksgiving with Mom. She has chemo on Tuesday the 20th, and Melissa and the girls come to town that same night for the holiday. Thanksgiving has always been a special holiday for Mom. She loves to cook and catch up with family. This year will be a little different, since Melissa and I will be doing the cooking, but we are going to enjoy doing the important stuff, which is spending time together.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi,
Thanks for the update Megan. I hope you're all feeling better now. It must be hard to stay away when you want to spend all the time you can and help your mom.
It sounds like you had an interesting week Gail. Do you think the new medication is helping with you coordination and speech. I sure hope it is.
I'm sure you're excited for Melissa to come and are looking forward to Thanksgiving. Nedra and her husband are coming so we will have 11 or 12 here this year. Of course we'll have dinner at JE's. She's just finished remodeling her livingroom and family room. It's beautiful.
Yesterday Sammy told me I'm his best friend. Sure made me feel good. He's the top of his class in everything this year. The teacher has him write on the board because his penmanship is so good. We are thrilled that he is doing so well. The medication is helping him and you can see changes for good every week.
I hope the rest of your week will be good. Keep smiling and positive.
Love you,
Linda
Dear friends,
Megan, I'm really sorry to hear that you and your boys have been sick. Taking care of sick children are hard enough, but with mom also "under the weather", it's even worse. I hope for a full recovery real soon, although the crazy weather doesn't help.
Gail, with both Megan and Maria being absent, I'm sure the days have been a little more challenging for you, but it was nice to hear about the lady from hospice. I'm not sure if Megan is 100% well enough to return to your side, but it must be wonderful to have Maria back. I'm sure Megan is just as anxious to be with you, as you are.
Take care all of you! It sounds like Megan and Melissa will be cooking up a storm for Thanksgiving. What a wonderful time of year this is for family.
Love to you all,
Marianne
P.S. Gail, I hope your email address (egsawyer@comcast.net) is still operating and that you're able to check it from time to time. I just sent you a wonderful forward. Take care!
Hi Gail, it was good to get an update, sorry your sidekick Maria was gone for awhile but it sounds as though things worked out. Megan, hope you and your boys are feeling better. Gail, does your medication seem to be working? I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of two grandchildren on Monday night. They are flying in early and their parents will come later.(Courtney and Bryon) are coming in from Colorado and we'll have dinner at Tiffany and Doug's home in Austin Texas. Colin is in Brazil and when he gets home they are going on the Disney Cruise with their gang, so we'll miss them but I feel lucky to have 2 out of 3 of my children together this year. There will be 13 of us and 19 usually isn't very likely. I don't understand Colin's new company very well but he is always out of the country buying timberland. All I really know is that it is "green". I remember when Jim wrote a book in the late 70's he gave the manuscript to Sean and I to read, it obviously was very good but Sean and I looked at each other because we didn't have a clue what he was saying. We laughed because we felt so dumb!!! I know he would understand what Colin is up to, but I know what is important, he is a good son, husband and father. I am sure you are very anxious also to have your family together and its nice when the next generation does the cooking. Of course they want some of their old favorites that mom use to cook but they have their own traditions now and both of my daughters are into cooking like I use to be. When will Melissa arrive? Is she staying long? Sorry this is more like a letter than a blog, but my thoughts are often about you and how you are doing. Our prayers remain with you, I'll keep in touch. luv, JM..... P.S. An english teacher would have a ball correcting this. P.S.S. No I am NOT on any medication that makes me jump from subject to subject (I'm just at work and I keep getting distracted) This is just one big run on sentence.
Post a Comment