Monday, November 5, 2007

chemo

Just a quick update to let everyone know that Mom had another round of chemo today. She tolerated it well (as always) and is just a bit tired today. She'll have another round on November 20th. She is also now on some medications to help with the fluid buildup around the tumors. Hopefully this will help her regain a small portion of the balance and verbal skills that she has lost recently. She has enjoyed Ashley's company this weekend and is now looking forward to Melissa visiting for Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

joyce mcgrady said...

You are truly amazing Gail, here you are having chemo and you are tired but tolerate it well. Rest and do what your suppose to do. I really see a resemblence between Melissa and Megan, Ashley reminds me of my daughter Tiffany. Enjoy your girls during their visits and I hope to see you soon. Patsy I would love to hear from (ya all)2145470230-mtw days or thrfrisat nts,my work is crazy. If Gail, you and I got together we could laugh like aunt Delores, mom and aunt Marina use to. Luv and think of you all. JM

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Glad to hear things went well yesterday. I hope the new medication will help you regain some of what you've lost. It can happen and I know you have enough faith for it to happen. Keep happy. Here's a big hug for you from me.

Love you,
Linda, Raeonna, Lena and Amy Owen.

Unknown said...

Hello Gail, do you remember me, Mark? Leah Lansberry sent me a message about your unexpected condition. I just wanted to say that my thoughts are with you. I will never forget the great times that I had at your house. Your beef enchiladas were always tasty! Yum! All the best, Mark Zunkel

Mama's Place said...

Hey this is a voice from your past..it is me Irene your cuz from a time almost forgotten. I am glad that you are doing ok with the chemo and you are feeling much better. Margaret gave me your blog address, was excited to see pictures of you and your family. It has been way too long..since we have even spoken, but my prayers and thoughts are with you this day. If you have an email address or phone number and would like to share please let me know. My email address is www.frairene@gmail.com
Take care and again it is nice to see you are doing ok. You have a very lovely family...and I agree that grandkids are the best.
Love,
Irene

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

I'm finally back online. We've been experiencing some awful weather causing my computer to shut down, but my son restarted it for me. It's great to be back!

I'm glad that your chemo treatment went well. It's remarkable how you're able to bounce back after each treatment, but then I'm sure a lot has to do with you getting all the rest you can, surrounding yourself with lots of love from family and friends, and your amazing positive attitude and strength. You, along with Jim and your family as your support, make up a winning team.

I'm glad that the doctors have given you something to help drain the fluid around the tumors. The difficulties you are experiencing with balance and speech must be discouraging, but you're not letting it hamper your spirits. I hope it works for you.

The pictures you and Megan took with Ashley were great. I'm glad you had a wonderful visit and are anxiously awaiting Melissa's visit at Thanksgiving. We have lots to be thankful for, with your positive MRI results.

Take care, Gail, and get your well deserved rest.

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It's me again. I was watching the Utah Jazz game tonight and got to thinking about you and our fun times with the Utah Stars. I just can't get into the Jazz like we did the Stars but that's probably a good thing. I would probably give myself a heart attack or something now. I don't watch the games much but there was nothing else much on TV tonight. It's fun remembering the "good old days". Makes me smile and laugh a lot. We were crazy then!!!

Hope today has been a good day for you and the new medication is helping so you'll be running races again.

Love ya lots,
Linda

Marianne said...

Hi there, Gail!

I hope you're having a great day, well rested from your recent chemo treatment, and looking forward to a fantastic weekend!

This past Sunday, Burt and I saw the live production of the Lion King. Of course the costumes were remarkable, but I was also impressed with how they were able to present the story on such a small stage. A lot of shadow puppets were used and images were projected on a backdrop to give the impression of depth and width....so creative!!!! The singing and dancing were great....so talented and energetic!

With the exception of the Ice Capades, this was the first live production I've been to and I'm addicted. Unfortunately, they don't come out this way too often.

My friends from Buffalo NY go to Toronto, Canada to see live productions because New York city is about 450 miles away, so I shouldn't complain.

Take care, Gail, and have a great weekend! I continue to pray for you, your family, and more positive results.

Love,
Marianne

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

I heard about the terrible wind storms that hit the north west area, Washington and Oregon. I hope it wasn't too destructive. I think we're experiencing weird weather throughout all 50 states.

I just heard on the radio that next week is Thanksgiving! Where did the days and weeks fly? I couldn't believe it....wasn't it just Halloween last week? If Thanksgiving is just around the corner, can you imagine how unprepared I'll be for Christmas? Oh no!!!!

Anyway, I know you're looking forward to Thanksgiving and a house full of loved ones. We'll be spending the day with my dad and his caregivers. His caregivers are from Yugoslavia and HE is also a wonderful cook, so we get treated to great tasting ethnic dishes. It's interesting to learn how our holidays are similar AND different. Pera (the caregiver) and I share the cooking duties which is fun. I'd better remind Pera that next week is Thanksgiving, since it's more of an American holiday. WE'D better plan OUR menus. :)

Take care, Gail, and I hope the weather improves for you folks soon.

Love,
Marianne