Friday, November 30, 2007

busy week

Its been an exciting week for Mom. She has really enjoyed having Melissa and the girls in the house. We had great intentions this week to get Mom out Christmas shopping, but it never happened, hopefully next week. Mom has had a sore on her arm for a couple of months that just started showing signs of infections this week. The redness and swelling were developing pretty quickly, so Melissa took her to the walk in clinic to get it looked at yesterday. They gave her some antibiotics, and her body seems to be fighting off the infection well.

Melissa took Mom back to the doctor today again just to make sure everything was OK, and while they were gone, I stayed with the kids. They decided that they wanted to do something nice for Grandma while she was gone, so they each took a baby wipe and started cleaning. By the time they were done, I think every single surface of Mom's house had been wiped down with a wipe. When she got home, they popped out and yelled "surprise" and were very proud of themselves.




And finally, more proof that you should never leave two three year olds alone in a room for more than two seconds... here's what Tyler and Anna did to poor Jigsaw when I was making lunch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello ... from the very, very snowy valley of Salt Lake City! We were just going to get a little snow here but lots in the mountains. Someone got mixed up and thought we were the mountains. We have at least 6 inches right now and it's still coming down. Looks beautiful until you have to go out in it. Thank heavens for a son-in-law who isn't afraid of work and cold. He's run the snowblower once and will need to do it again this afternoon. We don't even have any TV because all the satalites are down.

My goodness, if your little angels want to do some more cleaning you can send them my way. I baked some cookies for my grandsons this morning and I'd share them with yours :-) The pictures are darling. They sure are growning fast.

I hope your arm is even better today. Do you have another Chemo treatment Tuesday? Keep smiling and know that many, many people love you and are still praying for you.

Love, Linda

Marianne said...

Oh, what precious photos these are!!!! Grandma's little helpers sure had a big day of cleaning. What a great job they did! That photo of Jigsaw was just hilarious! What a calm, sweet dog he must be to stay so still and let the children "decorate" him.:)

Gail, I hope your arm gets better and heals quickly. It's comforting to know that Megan and Melissa have been on top of everything and responded quickly to check your arm out.

My son, Ryan, and Lauren's boyfriend, Allen, will be braving the rain and the wind tonight to watch our local University of Hawaii Warriors football team play against the University of Washington Huskies. Although the schools represent different conferences, this game will mean a lot to both teams. For us, a win will mean that we've been undefeated this year and might have a chance to play a "bowl" game. Also, it will mean a lot to our quarter back, Colt Brennen (a Heisman candidate). Everyone who calls Hawaii home, will be either at the stadium or glued to their televisions. It's going to be a great game! Actually, if I wasn't such a fan, I would probably go to the shopping malls tonight and finish my Christmas shopping, because I'm sure it will be empty.

Take care, Gail, and I hope you enjoy your Christmas shopping.

Love,
Marianne

joyce mcgrady said...

Hi Gail, I haven't been able to log on here because it insists my password is incorrect so I fianlly just reregistered.. Our thanksgiving was hectic but nice and it looks as though you had a good one also. Why no pictures of Jim and Patsy's husband? You look happy as you well should with all the family around. I never would have recognized Michael if I had passed him on the street he looks good and I see a real resemblence to Uncle Bob. Patsy I would have recognize she looks great, actually she looks sweet and quiet ...please tell me she hasn't lost her sarcasm or dry sense of humor.
The weather here is getting cold compared to usual. Your weather hasn't been too good has it? I'm thankful for lots of things but Gail I'm grateful for being able to see you go through this hard time with such a great disposition and attitude. I admire you muncho.(notice my fluent spanish !!!)I hope to see you soon the flights have been pretty full for traveling with passes. Keep that great smile on your face. Luv ya cuz. jm p.s. what great pictues and such cuties that helped with all the cleaning.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just had to tell you that I can't get the picture of Jigsaw and his post-it-notes out of my mind. It keeps me laughing. He looks so content. Anyone I tell about it get's a good laugh too.

I hope you're having a good day. I'm off to do some Christmas shopping.

Love ya, Linda