Mom went back to the walk-in-clinic yesterday as she was told to do to make sure that her arm was healing as it should. The doctor looked at it and told her that it was not healing correctly and she would need to get in touch with a surgeon to place a drain. Dad and Mom went down to meet with Mom's oncologist, Dr. Goldberg this morning. He took another culture of it (the original culture came back as a heavy staph infection), and has recommended she be in touch with a plastic surgeon to place a drain on the wound. It is still draining quite a bit. Because of the infection, Mom's chemo needs to be put off indefinitely, which is a bit frustrating, but also understandable. On top of all of this, she also has come down with a bit of a cold. We are hoping that the infection clears up and Mom can get back to life as normal. She is obviously worried about what is going to happen, but joked with me tonight that there isn't anything she can do, so why stress out about it?! That seems to have been her attitude through this entire process.
Please keep our mom in your thoughts and prayers and make sure to post a nice message to her or give her a call to let her know you're thinking about her!
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear about your arm and infection. I will pray that they will be able to get it cleared up quickly so you can get back to enjoying your family and the Christmas season.
Yesterday when Sammy got home from school his Mom and Dad were at the doctor for a baby check. So he decided his stomach hurt and he might need to go to the doctor. That passed quickly when he decided his heart hurt and it was in his throat. I tried to keep a straight face while I simpathzed with him. After his Mom got home and he told her it got better. I sure am glad! :-) I have no idea how he came up with that. Raeonna and I sure got a good laugh from it.
I'll try to give you a call in a day or two. I've been wondering if the storms we are hearing about in Washington and Oregon are bothering you. Hope you haven't had any of those beautiful trees blow over.
I love you much and am praying for you always. Linda
Hello from Raeonna,
She loved looking at your pictures and wanted you to know she's thinking about you. She thinks the grandkids are darling and commented on how pretty Megan is. It's been a long time since she's seen any of you. Moses loves the picture of Jigsaw.
Sleep well tonight and have sweet dreams.
Hi Gail,
I'm really sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and that your arm is needing more attention, but as soon as these are taken care of you'll be able to resume your chemo. After receiving very positive news from your last x-ray, I'm sure you're anxious to continue your treatments. You've already proven your strength and determination to heal from the cancer and I know that you will overcome this "bump in the road" as well.
Although your medical challenges may seem overwhelming, you are surely blessed to have loving and supportive family and friends.
Please be assured that I am one of them and I continue to pray for you. Take care and remain strong.
Love,
Marianne
Mom,
I'm so glad that you were sounding better when I talked with you tonight. I'm happy that your cold is getting better, and I hope your arm continues to heal everyday. I can't wait to see you, just two weeks from today...
Love, Ashley
Hi Gail, So sorry to hear about your arm and the problem you are having. I hope and pray everything goes well and that you can soon continue with your chemo. The weather sounds horrific out your way but I'm sure you are safe and sound indoors. At times the news can make it sound so much worse that it is but this does sound bad. Are you all set for Christmas? I'm almost completely done except for a few little fillers. I really do think we put way to much importance on the material aspect. I really use to get into it but as I've gotten older it has changed. I wish we did what some European countries do and celebrate two seperate days. Its a happy time but also in some ways sad for the way things use to be when I had little ones under my roof and mom and Michael were around. I'm going to try and call you Thurs or Fri and see whats up and hear your voice. Our prayers remain with you and yours. Luv, jm
Post a Comment