Wednesday, December 5, 2007
arm update
Mom went to the Providence Wound Center that is tied in with Swedish Hospital. They looked at her wound and found that there are actually two sores, but that the underlying tissue is all connected, and therefore is the same infection. They drained the wound for her (which unfortunately was pretty painful for her) and dressed it. There will be a nurse coming in every day over the next few days to dress it and put a special ointment on it. They are also going to keep her on the antibiotic an extra week to give the wound some more time to heal. We're hoping this does the trick, and so far it seems like it is. Her arm looked a lot better today, there was not near as much redness. Hopefully, things will get back on track soon so that she can start her chemo again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Morning,
I'm glad to hear they are staying on top of your infection. I hope the pain from the draining is gone now. Lena and I are going to lunch today so when you get a warm feeling in your heart you will know we are talking about you - only good things of course. :-)
I hope you have a wonderful day. I'll try to call again today.
Love you lots,
Linda
Hi Gail,
I'm so sorry to hear how painful it was for you when your arm had to be drained, but I'm relieved to hear that the infection is healing. With all this care, you will be on your feet again very soon to continue your chemo.
I've been hearing about the strong winds and rain you've all been experiencing....so much damage and unfortunately, lives lost. Take care and stay warm and dry.
We're getting hit with some rain and strong winds, but it's intermittent, so it's manageable. Hopefully the winter storm we're getting now won't be hitting your shores because you're getting enough.
Our University of Hawaii football team will be going to the Sugar Bowl to play against Georgia on January 1st. We're all very excited since this is the first time our small university has gotten such positive recognition to this degree. "GO WARRIORS"!!!!:)
I hope your arm continues to improve. Take care!
Love,
Marianne
Post a Comment