Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Great News!

Mom went down to meet with the doctors at the wound center today. They said that her arm is healing nicely. She has two days left of the antibiotic, and after that, she can be done. We are thrilled that her body was able to fight off the infection so effectively, and relieved that things are looking good.

Mom was able to come out to my house for Tyler's 4th birthday today. She has been having some trouble walking, which was made worse because she was so tired from an early appointment at the wound center. After realizing they had forgotten her wheelchair at home, she decided it would be best to give Tyler his gift while in her car. It didn't turn out the way she wanted it to, but Tyler was so happy to get to see his grandma on her birthday. Even after all that she is going through, the grandkids adore her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
What good news about your arm. I'm so happy that it's better. You have such courage. You make me think of my mom when she was going through dialysis. Never complaining, just doing what had to be done.

I can tell from the picture that Tyler was thrilled to see you for his birthday. I can hardly believe he's 4 years old already. I'm sure it was just yesterday that Megan was going through her pregnancy.

I tried to make fruitcake yesterday. I forgot that you have to stir it by hand and finally had to have Jose finish it. My shoulders and arms just wouldn't let me do it. After a pain pill I was feeling better but I didn't hear the timer go off so it cooked too long and is really dry - ugh. At least I didn't completely harden it like I did the brownies that I made when you and Ashley came to visit. Remember, I broke the knife trying to cut it???? Well, at least this cuts and the knife is okay.

Keep up the good work and know that you are loved and being prayed for my MANY people.

Love, Linda

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

It's great to hear that your arm is healing nicely. In addition to the antibiotics, your system is strong enough to fight the infection which says a lot especially with everything you've had to go through. You're motivated AND a fighter....a very positive combination!

Has the fluids surrounding your tumors drained/disappeared? I know it was causing you a lot of problems with your balance. I hope it's not troubling you anymore.

It looks like Tyler was thrilled to have his grandma at his birthday celebration even if it was just for a little while.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TYLER!!!!

One by one I'm able to cross off things I need to do before Christmas. Next on my list is baking cookies, then plan my Christmas menu with Pera. He can't understand why Christmas and New Year's celebration is just one day. In Europe the celebration goes on for weeks at a time. People don't go in to work and ladies of the house have to be prepared for anyone who might drop in for a meal. No wonder he can whip up something to eat at a moments notice, which makes it easy for me since we've been sharing the cooking duties.

Take care Gail, and enjoy the wonderful magical season of Christmas.

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Gail,
I am so happy your arm is healing up for you. You are a brave soul for going shopping in the crowds of people right now. It's crazy out there!!
My good news is that I get to check your blog more often now, I finally stepped into to 20th century and got high-speed internet. Think I was the last person on earth that still had dial-up. Bet you are looking forward to Ashley and her family coming. I sure did enjoy coming over for Thanksgiving. I forgot to say thank you to Megan's husband Dan. What a great guy he is! He did all the dishes and clean up and took the sink apart to unclog the disposal. It gave everyone else time to visit with each other, what a great gift that was! Just wanted to let you know that I love you so much Gail and am always thinking of you!
Love, Kris

joyce mcgrady said...

My Dearest Gail Elizabeth Harnois Sawyer, I hope this day finds you feeling well and spunky. I was glad to hear that your arm is doing so much better. It is such good news since your body is doing such a good job of fighting the infection. I find it interesting to read your friends blog about the fruitcake she baked....we have all done that, I've made a few hocky pucks myself. The season is great but the weather here is dreadful. Its rainy and gray and cold. I like the picture of Tyler and you in the auto, what a cutie I'm sure you will agree. Christmas and the excitment of it is really about the little ones who light up with the anticipation of the tree and all that goes with it. Our house is finally ready for the season. I just hope our dog doesn't tear everything down and chew it. She is just a pup and is just a spoiled little thing. Sean isn't to hip on her and I'm just not very good at training her. I did much better with children at least people couldn't say they were spoiled brats and I'm sure they say that about Sophie. Your dog looks so mellow and good natured. Maybe our personalities rub off on our animals ????? Our thoughts and prayers remain with you and yours. Take good care of yourself we love and think of you often. Luv, jm