Sunday, December 16, 2007

I just wanted to share a picture of Mom and Tyler sitting together watching "The Land Before Time." We have had fun spending a lot of time with her over the last few days.

Mom has been doing well lately and is really excited for the Prudentes to visit and for Christmas. She is having a hard time walking lately, as her right foot is becoming weaker. Because of that, she is sleeping downstairs now so that she doesn't have to go up and down every night, which has actually worked out really well for her. She is still able to get around the house with her walker.

We're thankful every day for our mom and for the example of courage and faith that she is for all who know her. Through all of this, she has never lost who she is and her joy and spunk for life. She is very appreciative of all the cards, visits, and phone calls that she receives every day.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

It's great that you're able to visit with Megan and the boys often. Children just have a way of lifting your spirit and taking you mentally away to a more positive and innocent place. Your visits must really be a lot of fun for them as well. It's amazing how I've seen Tyler and Noah grow up right before my eyes through your blog. I forgot how quickly they grow and mature. I'm sure you're enjoying every minute that you have with them. In a blink of an eye, they'll be all grown and on their own.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with your right foot, but it sounds like you've solved your problem with the stairs. I'm happy to hear that you're doing great with your walker downstairs.

I know I've told you before of how much your strength and motivation is affecting my life, but I must tell you again. GAIL SAWYER, you have made me a better person! I now put things in priority and I don't sweat the small things, but look at the "big picture". I now look at life with the glass half full and not half empty. I now don't worry about what's coming down the road, but take one day as it comes. I know that this change is making me a much happier and healthier person, which in turn makes my family happier:).
Thank you for your inspiration!

Take care and never lose your love of life and spunk! I continue to pray for you!

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail, It was so good to hear your voice and hear your optomistic spirit.. Sounds like you are in heaven with your daughter and her family there. Jim sounds good to. I will forgive you for calling me ------! We had just mentioned that name so I'll consider that and know that its not who I remind you of...please!! This is a rather criptic note don't you think? I spoke with Jim about when I would like to make it your way and I'll plan on it. Enjoy your family and keep that positive attitude, our prayers and thoughts remain with you always... JM

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

Now that Christmas is just around the corner, I hope you're all ready. What scares me is that I'm not ready, but I'm not worried about it. I just have little wrapping to do, then do my grocery shopping tomorrow....EARLY in the morning, or else I'll get stuck in the awful traffic. I'd rather get stuck in traffic on the way home, rather than on the way to the market.

Today is our company's Christmas party, so Burt, Lauren, and Ryan are all working very hard, while I'm home tending to a sick dog. During these parties, management work like crazy to prepare and cook the food for the staff. Burt jokingly told me that he thinks that the staff quietly enjoys seeing the management working like crazy for them.:)

Your home must be filled with so much excitment as you prepare for your family. May your home be filled with much love, happiness, and laughter, at this special time AND throughout the New Year!
Much love and blessings to you, Jim, and your family!

I hope you're still managing well with the walker and that you don't have to deal with the stairs. As I'm getting older, our stairs have become my worst enemy. Take care, Gail and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been lax writing this week. I hope you have been having a good week getting ready for Ashley and her family and for Christmas.

I finally have all my presents bought and wrapped. Sure is a good feeling to have it all done. I'm leaving the cooking to Raeonna this year. What do you want to be we have a Mexican dinner Christmas Eve instead of our traditional turkey, etc. Oh well, whatever she decides on I'm sure it will be good.

I hope you're still able to get around the house with your walker. That room off the kitchen would make a nice, cheerful, bright bedroom for you. I hope you're enjoying it.

It sounds like you've been having really cold weather. We had a big snow storm night before last - 7 inches at my house. Today it's supposed to get clear up to 27 though! It's always so pretty just after it snows. But it get's dirty and ugly fast as you know.

Have a glorious weekend as we enter the Christmas week. I hope you will be able to attend Church tomorrow but it won't be the same without your beautiful Christmas program.

Hello and love to all of you.

Linda