Mom finally got out to go Christmas shopping today. She came out to my house to hang out, and then after Dan got home from work, we all went to Target and took over the toy section. Mom got to ride in her wheel chair, which Tyler thought was pretty awesome. I think we must have looked pretty interesting with me pushing Mom, Dan pushing a cart so full of toys that he couldn't see over the top, Tyler on his shoulders, and Noah crying in the seat of the cart. We sure had a good time, though, and Mom was so happy that she got to do her own Christmas shopping this year, which has always been a big deal for her.
Mom's arm is also doing a lot better. The nurse has been changing the dressing and it seems the antibiotics are doing the trick. Mom has appreciated hearing the comments and also the phone calls and visits over the last few days!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi there, Gail!
It sure sounds like you all had a lot of fun shopping at Target. Megan's description of the 5 of you painted a pretty(?) picture. You're a better woman than I am to be braving the toy department in a major store, at Christmas time.:) It is officially Christmas when you shop for the little ones. This is something I really miss since I don't have little ones to shop for. Our church helps a small community every Christmas, of people less fortunate, but instead of buying specific items, we donate gift cards so that they can buy whatever they need. If we did buy items, the first place I would go would be the toy department.:)
It's great to hear that your arm is healing nicely. In addition to the wonderful physicians and medication, your mental strength and determination plays a huge role in your healing. Keep it up, Gail! I wish you could bottle up this inner strength of yours and share it with millions, but then you would have to also share your loving and supportive family, because together you are working towards your healing.
Take care and happy shopping!!!!
Love,
Marianne
Hey, I'm really proud of you. You went Christmas shopping and it's not even Christmas Eve! I'm glad you were able to go. I've been going to a store or two every day this week trying to get mine finished. I now have everything but the boys. I've decided Raeonna will have to go with me because I can't decide. I want to buy everything I see for them. Must be a grandma thing.
My lunch with Lena was really nice. We just went to Taco Time, ordered at the drive up and set in the car and talk for over 1 1/2 hrs. I guess we both needed to do that. Kerry sure isn't doing well. She said to be sure and send you her love and good thoughts.
I'm happy that your arm is getting better. You're such a fighter. I'm really proud of you and hope when my time comes I can do as well as you are. You're an inspiration. Going through this with you, even though it's from a distance, makes me realize how much I have to be grateful for and what I need to change and do better at. Thank you for the example you're setting for me. But I wish it could be different.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Love ya lots, Linda
Hi Gail,
I hope you enjoyed your weekend and experienced better weather. The blue skies and wonderful sun has dominated our Hawaiian sky for the past 2 days now, so hopefully we've seen the last of the winter storms, but I doubt that very much. Oh well, we should just enjoy this terrific weather while we can. When we're having drought conditions, we pray for rain, and when we have too much rain, we pray for sun. This is just "natures" way of balancing the scales.
I hope your arm is continuing to heal and that you're not having too much pain anymore.
I keep thinking of the 5 of you in Target doing your shopping and wonder if Tyler was acting as Dan's eyes, since Dan couldn't see over the pile of toys in the cart. Since Tyler was sitting on Dan's shoulder, he had a better view over the toys. What a team act that must have been!:)....and what bravery that took to take 2 little ones to a toy department, especially around Christmas time. Tyler and Noah are two very special, well behaved boys.
I'm enjoying a very rare day of doing nothing....well, no appointments anyway. I could begin writing my Christmas cards OR cleaning and shampooing my carpets. Actually, writing Christmas cards is one of my favorite things to do, so I'm looking forward to that.
Take care, Gail, and hope you're having a great day!
Love,
Marianne
Hi Gail, Its been so hectic at work lately that I really needed to read the blog and come back down to earth and realize who and what are really important. Last night we went to Connor's baptism. He is Colin's second son and just a joy. He told me I couldn't possibly love him more than he loves me. Just what I needed to hear at the time. How amazing grandchildren are. Tiff and her husband and five little ones were there and when we went to Colin's after what a riot. They have a new dog and between the nine kids and the dog it was mass hysteria. My christmas shopping is complete. The visual image I got of the group of you shopping was quite amusing, its pretty typical though since we all have those times and they are the memories that stay forever. I'm trying to figure out how to work the time into going to Colorado to take Courtney and her family's gifts. Remember one of your daughters use to call her Snortney?? I think it was Megan. I hope you are feeling well and that your arm is getting better. It did sound like draining it would be pretty painful,its to bad some of us couldn't help you out with the pain and we could all share, I know we all would. Keep smiling...I love your attitude. Just me JM
Post a Comment