Monday, October 8, 2007

4th round of chemo done

Mom completed her fourth round of chemo today and it went well. She slept through a lot of it and has not felt sick or had any other negative side effects, although we anticipate she'll be really tired tomorrow, which is normal the day after her treatment. She has another treatment scheduled in two weeks, and we are continuing to take each new situation as it comes.

Mom was reinstated into the Swedish Hospice system today, which is a great benefit, although it means having to switch her home care company. Starting tomorrow, she'll have different home care people than she has in the past. Her sciatica is still bothering her quite a bit, so with different medications, we are really hoping to get it under control for her.

Mom had a nice weekend watching conference on BYU TV. I was able to go down and watch Sunday afternoon session with her, which was really nice for both of us. She is excited to be tying quilts for all her grandkids for Christmas and is excited for all the family and friend visits she has coming up soon.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Glad to hear that you tolerated the last chemo well. We had the day off yesterday for Columbus Day (yay for bank holidays) and so I went up to Park City to the outlet malls. I sure enjoy your outlets better. Our weather is perfect. Lots of blue skies, some snow in the mountains along with the autumn colors. It's just beautiful. I will keep trying to call you, but either way...I will be there in 9 days! Yes, I'm counting!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sister-Sister,
It was so good to hear your voice!
You sound great. I am looking forward to our visit. The medicine I told you about is called Ultram.
the generic name is Tramadol. It does wonders for leg and back pain and does not make a person groggy.
I glad "little fetus" will be there soon. I'm going to look for
more cd's. I knew you would enjoy
the music on the last one. Keep
smiling and remember how much I love you
Love ,patsy

Anonymous said...

Hi,

It was so good to talk to you the other day, even if it was short. Sounded like you had plenty of company that day. I'm glad they keep you busy!

How good that you managed another round of chemo without any of the bad side effects. Hope you haven't been too tired today.

I thought of you this afternoon while I was having a manicure and pedicure. Sure feels good. I would love to have them more often but ... that ol' money thing gets in the way sometimes.

I was wondering if you were able to watch conference. I'm glad you did. I really enjoyed it, as I usually do. I'm happy about President Eyring. He's such a humble man. Sheila likes him because he has the same problem she does, controling the emotions when he speaks.

Have a good week. I'll be thinking of you!

Love You,
Linda