Here's a picture of Mom with Tyler. She adores her grandchildren and loves spending time with them. The next two pictures were done by Tyler. He is quite a photographer these days, and instructed us all who was to be in each picture and where we were all supposed to stand. Mom's new caregiver, Maria, is in the second one.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
dinner with Mom
My family and I had a great dinner with Mom tonight. We spent some time working on a Christmas video she is making for her family and we dropped of the quilts that she will be tying for each of her grandkids for Christmas, so now she will be very busy. Swedish Home Health Services switched caregiver companies and so she now has a new caretaker named Maria, who was wonderful. She seemed very caring and considerate of Mom and our family.

Here's a picture of Mom with Tyler. She adores her grandchildren and loves spending time with them. The next two pictures were done by Tyler. He is quite a photographer these days, and instructed us all who was to be in each picture and where we were all supposed to stand. Mom's new caregiver, Maria, is in the second one.

Here's a picture of Mom with Tyler. She adores her grandchildren and loves spending time with them. The next two pictures were done by Tyler. He is quite a photographer these days, and instructed us all who was to be in each picture and where we were all supposed to stand. Mom's new caregiver, Maria, is in the second one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi,
I love the new pictures. Tyler does a very nice job with the camera!
Your new caregiver looks like a nice lady. Make sure she takes good care of you.
I'm really impressed with your Christmas projects. I'm glad you're able to do those things. I've been doing some counted cross stitch for Christmas gifts. It sure makes the time fly by. Leslie and I found 4 quilt tops when we were going through the last of Mom and Grandma stuff last week so I guess we'll have to have a big quilting party or two after Christmas. Want to come help us with them?
Have a wonderful Thursday. Love you, Linda
Hi Gail,
What beautiful pictures. Tyler sure has the creative eye for positioning you all in such fun ways. I need to keep practicing to be able to focus within the frame as well as he does.
Good job, Tyler!
I was happy to hear that your last chemo treatment went well without any discomfort. Maria sounds wonderful and I'm sure you're in good hands.
Okay now....your quilting projects are an inspiration and I'm tempted to get my crochet and knitting needles out. I haven't touched them in years.
Take care and enjoy your many visits from family and friends. There must be a lot of love and laughing going on at your home....enjoy every moment of it!
Love,
Marianne
Hi there Gail!
Happy Saturday! Hopefully you're too busy entertaining visitors to even check your blog, but if you're not, "HI".
Okay, this is the time of year where I can take a huge jump on Christmas, and begin working on gifts, as you're doing. Unfortunately as usual, I'm deciding not to and will pay for my laziness as the days turn to weeks....weeks turn into months....and before you know it, I'm scrambling to get my gifts in the mail. That seems to be my holiday tradition, so why break it now, huh? Isn't that part of the fun?
Anyway, I just wanted to say "HI", and hope your week went well, and that your weekend will be even better.
I admire you, Gail, for being able to enjoy life for all its worth. After reading the many memories written by family/friends, I've learned that you're a person who isn't afraid to grab life and experience all that it has to offer....and you're still doing it!
Take care!
Love,
Marianne
Hi Gail! I have been thinking about you but haven't been by a computer for a week. We just got back from the Huntsman Games in St. George (you know the ones for the old fogies) It was nice to go to SLC since I havent been there in so long, so many memories and the city has really grown up. I was remembering the Thanksgivings that our families always spent together. Do you remember that we would put olives on our fingers and than put our hands under the table folded so our parents wouldnt see how we were prepared for the prayer, nicely folded arms with olives on every finger? Only you, me Michael and Patsy. Probably Robbie, Michael (yours) Charlie were being nice. When you see Patsy you might ask her about a turkey capture story she might remember. Hope everything is going smoothly with appointments and holiday projects. I'll keep in touch... I'll see you sometime after Charlie has been there. Love you cuz, JM
Hi,
I've been wondering how you are doing. If I remember right you should have had another treatment yesterday. I hope everything went well for you.
How are your Christmas projects coming? I have one towel done (4 to go). Now I've decided it would be fun to make PJ's for the boys and their dad and nightshirts for Raeonna and me for Christmas. Hmmmm, wonder if I'll get them done. Today I made a pair of lounging pants for Jose. They were so easy and fast. That's what gave me the wonderful idea to make Christmas stuff.
I'm not sure Christmas will be the same if you don't do at least some shopping Christmas Eve. I'll never forget the Christmas Eve I went with you. Said I would never do that but we had a good time and got some good deals.
Hope all is well there. Hi to everyone. Love you all.
Linda
Post a Comment