Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Gettin' Around!

Dan, the kids, and I all went down to see Mom tonight. We brought her dinner and had a good time being together. She was in a good mood. Her caregiver, Margaret, was there today since my dad has to teach late. The best news is that Mom got a walker that is a HUGE help to her. She is now able to walk well around her house without worrying about grabbing on from one object to the next or falling.

We enjoyed a nice dinner and some time to sit and talk. Here's Mom and the kids eating together with Mom's caretaker, Margaret, who is great.

Mom and I are having a great time planning for Christmas already. She is going to be making some really special gifts for all of us (her daughters), and her grandchildren.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you've still got your flair for flashy red things after seeing your new walker. You had the red flashy camaro about that same color didn't you? Glad to hear it helps you get around better. It needs some pinstriping or flames for decoration, don't you think? Or I'll go get one too so we can to to the mall and put those little bike horns on them and see how fast the people move out of our way. Wouldn't that be fun?? I love you!! Love, Kris

Dawn said...

Whoohoo! You look ready to get around. We will have to get a list of movies together so we can try and sneak in a couple when I come to visit, even if it's only for the popcorn!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a walker. I had to use one for a short time when I had my knee surgery. They're wonderful when you need them!

Keep smiling. I love you and will try to call today.

Linda

Marianne said...

Hey there, Gail!

What beautiful pictures....you all look great! How nice it is to "meet" Margaret, and that must be Jigsaw, under the table. You look so beautiful and happy to have that flashy red walker. You are truly unstoppable now! Don't forget to slow down before taking those corners :).

Seriously, I'm really happy that you'll be able to move around the house more safely and easily.

I can't believe that Christmas is just around the corner. Have fun making those gifts.

Love,
Marianne

joyce mcgrady said...

Gail, it was so nice to hear your voice and see that you are in good spirits. Pretty fancy walker, it looks like the cadillac of walkers. Sounds as if you have daughters that are on the ball, but than I knew you would raise nice children. The last time I was in Seattle and wanted to see you, one of your daughters was moving and you were watching your grandchildren. Can't remember which daughter though. Hope Jim is doing as well as you are. I'll keep in touch and try and see you soon. keep smiling....

Beka said...

I'm glad you have some yummy dinners ready to pop in the oven. What a great idea. I remember all of those delicious Sunday dinners you made for Brant and me and Jake when we lived there. I always looked forward to Sundays in Mukilteo. We think of you so often and love you very much.

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

Not much to report from this part of the Pacific, but I just wanted to touch bases with you to see how you're feeling and how your weekend went.

I know last week I was complaining (a little) of the heat we were experiencing, but since we're entering autumn, the weather/temperature seems to change from morning to night. I can't wait for the constant cool, crisp air of fall, which is my favorite time of year. I heard of an unstable front that the northwest was experiencing, which was supposed to bring much rain. Hopefully, it didn't effect you too much.

I hope you're getting used to your jazzy new walker. Keep smiling your beautiful, infectious smile.

I wish for you much fun and laughter every single day!

Love,
Marianne