Wednesday, October 17, 2007

more updates

It has been too long since I have updated the blog, so I thought I would write a little something tonight. The boys and I went down to visit with Mom tonight and have dinner. Her caregiver, Maria, was there and she is an excellent fit for Mom and for our family. They get along like they're old friends. Mom had had a hard couple of days with her verbal skills and she gets frustrated not being able to say what she wants to. She has also been having a hard time coordinating her hands to eat and hold the phone. Maria has suggested we get special utinsels for her so that she can continue feeding herself. She is busy working on tying quilts for her grandkids and she loves visitors. Maria commented today how strong and brave Mom is and I couldn't agree more. Even with all of her new difficulties, Mom continues to smile and laugh and joke. She loves seeing her grandkids and they love spending time with her. She keeps taking each new day as it comes and is looking forward to many visits over the upcoming months.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your treatments have been going so well for you. Sounds like you have been busy with lots of craftwork. I would offer to help but the last time I did anything like that, I sewed it to my pant leg. You can't really give it to anyone else when you've sewed it to your pants. Always know that we love you and think of you daily. Love, Kris

Dawn said...

I'm looking forward to being together soon. We will get lots done and enjoy the time together!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Megan. You are taking such good care of your Mom and her friends by doing this.

Keep smiling Gail and have fun with those quilts.

Love, Linda

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with your verbal skills and coordination. Regardless of your difficulties, you are a WINNER because you're not letting these new challenges pull you down. Your strengh and commitment to a better health will shine through. I pray for better days for you.

Okay Gail, I finally went into our local craft store and bought yarn, knitting needles, crochet hooks, and of course, "how to" books. Unfortunately I couldn't even follow the simple instructions, so I tried "creating" from memory. I'm surprised that I was able to remember so much. I made a doily about 7" in diameter. It's not flawless, but I'm having so much fun. I admire "crafty" people like you. Keep up with your quilting and I'll keep my knitting needles, 'clicking'. :)

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody; Gail and Jim here, on Thursday night, anticipating "Charlie's" arrival from Utah tomorrow. With a free couple of hours we have spent time looking at the harbour lights (Everett) and reading and rereading your recent blog postings. Gail is touched profoundly by your love and your expressions of conceren for her. I don't know how in words to adequately express the gratitude she and our family have for your continuing expressions of caring.
Best wishes,
Jim and Gail