Tuesday, October 23, 2007

another MRI coming up

Mom went in for another round of chemo treatment yesterday. It went well, though she is really very tired after it. After the treatment, she met with her doctor who suggested that Mom have another MRI next week as he is unsure if the treatment is working. After the MRI results, it appears that with her doctor, she will decide whether or not to continue pursuing treatment. We are not sure yet what day the MRI will be, but probably some time next week.

Mom is in good spirits, especially after just having had a great visit with Charlie. She got all of her Christmas quilts tied and they look great. She is looking forward to Ashley coming next week. We are all anxious for the new MRI results and will keep everyone update.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

I'm glad that the chemo treatment went well....get lots of rest, Gail, you've been investing 100% of your energy and emotions, and need lots of R&R. I pray that the MRI will show positive results
that the chemo treatments are working.

Doctors are great at what they do, but often times it's the human spirit that proves to be the most effective medicine. You have the most positive and determined human spirit I've ever known. Please remain strong....I know that's easy for me to say, but my words are backed up with much love and prayers for you.

I'm impressed with your completion of the quilts. My 7" doily is still 7". I've not added any more since I've told you about it. I've decided to see how much knitting skilles I can remember, which is not much. At this rate, I'm in pretty good shape in completing my Christmas gifts for.... 2009. :(

Take care! A lot of prayers and well wishes are coming your way from Hawaii.

Love,
Marianne

Dawn said...

I had a wonderful visit and miss not being there with you. My heart is certainly not here at work, but 800 miles up north with you in Mukilteo. You are always in my thoughts.

I'm happy we got the quilts finished up. It was fun to eat donuts, M&M's, and Cheetos and watch old Alfred Hitchcock movies together...well not good for the diet or the blood sugar, but great for the meter o' fun.

Love you,
Charlie

joyce mcgrady said...

Hi Gail, I'm glad that the chemo treatment went well. I've been told that it takes a lot out of you when its done. I hope that you really like your Dr. because it can mean everything. Charlie and Patsy are in the healthcare system as is my son-in-law who is a radiologist. I sure do admire the ones with obvious hearts. You are definately strong and determined to do what your Dr. says. My thoughts are so often of how you are doing and how when I talked with you how there was no pity in your voice. We'll continue to hope for positve results and a strong and happy spirit from you. Our prayers remain with you and yours, Love, joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I hope you have some of your strength back today. I know those treatments can be pretty hard on your poor little body.

Congrats on getting your quilts finished. You certainly are way ahead of me. Remember the quilt I was going to make for Raeonna and Jose 3 Christmas ago? I gave them the fabric as a gift. Well, it's still not finished. I just have to sew a couple more strips, then tie it but... Maybe I'll get it done for this Christmas but I don't think it would be a very good idea to give it to them as a gift again. Of course they have probably forgotten all about it so maybe it would work! :-0

By now you should have received a little Halloween package from me. Hope you and the grandkids enjoy it

You're always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you lots.

Linda

joyce mcgrady said...

Dear Gail, I to am adicted to your blog...I check everyday to see if there is any news about how you are doing. I never have really said how much I appreciated you and Megan playing at moms funeral, there was such a peace that came over me that I really knew mom was there and very happy and proud that her niece was the one playing with her daughter. Also how good you were to me when Sean was commuting between Seattle and Chicago. One time my car just gave out and low and behold there you and Jim show up with your Jeep full of gas and ready to use as long as I needed it. I didn't ask you just knew. It was really great you being around, eventhough when the four of us went out I always opted for a movie and you wanted desert, (something chocolate). By the time you moved to my ward I was in Chicago. Everybodys memories spark more memories. When I was in Hawaii moms letters always included something about your family and of course Melissa who she absolutely adored. I was the one who knew Megan and Ashley when they were little. One of the things I always appreciated about you was that when I would see you we could pick up where we had left off and just catch up on kids and grandkids ( which by the way we both agreed are the best). Keep smiling and trying and praying and remembering all your good times. Just me, jm.

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

I hope you're feeling better today and more energetic, after experiencing a loss of energy due to your chemo treatment.

I echo Joyce's comment about how important it is to like and get along with your doctor, which makes communication a lot easier. I think that it's great that you personally know people in the medical field. If I'm not mistaken, Megan mentioned that you worked at one of the hospitals around Seattle U. While Lauren was there, I was able to meet a few medical doctors and representatives from different clinics/hospitals, who were really great and understood my anxieties of leaving her on her own for the very first time. This is just one reason why I love Seattle as I do. The people are so nice and friendly....I knew Lauren was in very good hands, especially with the help of Megan, you, and Jim.

I love reading the many memories shared by your family and friends. What a wonderful time you all had and are still having!

Take care, Gail!

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Gail,

We miss seeing you now that we have moved. I hope you get some energy up so that you and Jim can make the ride to our new home in Mount Vernon. You will love it. Take care of yourself and remember that we love you and pray for you.

Jim & Becky