Friday, October 26, 2007

Mom's visit

Mom came out to my house for a visit today. Dad dropped her off about noon and she stayed through dinner. We loved having her here, and the kids adore her. She is having increasing difficulty walking, so she sat for most of the day in our living room watching the kids play. The big entertainment of the day was the kids going on rides on Mom's walker around the house. Mom continues to stay in good spirits and is a lot of fun to be around. Even with all of her cognitive difficulties, she is still her same old sassy self. We feel very blessed that she is still able to get out of the house and come over to visit, and we really cherish the time that we get to spend with her.

We have the next MRI scheduled, and it will happen on Monday. She will meet with her doctor to go over the results on Wednesday.

Here's the kids taking turns riding on the walker.

I love this picture of Mom with Noah. I think you can tell how much she loves her grandkids and how much they love her, too.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

It looks like your walker was the second big "hit" of the visit. You were #1!!!! The moments that you spend with your precious grandchildren will be treasured forever. What wonderful photos they are, and I agree with Megan about the photo you took with Noah. They are both so sweet! Oops, maybe I shouldn't say that about boys, but they're still very young, so I think it's okay.

It's great to hear that you haven't lost your zest for fun. Keep it up!

I pray that your MRI goes well, as well as its results. You are always in my heart.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi,

How good that you were able to visit at Megans today. Her boys are so cute. I'm sure they are lots of fun to be around. Isn't it wonderful to have such loving, caring daughters. Does Ashley come this weekend? Please tell them both hello for me and Raeonna.

Raeonna turned 29 Wednesday. Can't believe she's that old. Ashley isn't far behind though.

You are always in my prayers and thoughts and I will offer up special prayers on Monday and Wednesday. I hope it will all go well for you.

Have a good weekend.

Love you,
Linda

PS Raeonna just came up and said to send her love to you too.

Darci said...

That is a GREAT picture of you and Noah. I'm glad you got out of the house and had some fun.

Anonymous said...

It is always a boost to come to the blog and see the joy in your family and the great strength that is evident there. You have quite a photogenic group who must be getting very good at "posing". We wish the miles were not such a barrier to us visiting with you. We continue to speak of you and prayer for you. Thank you so much for the gift of this blog from those who care.
Pete,Connie and Family

Dawn said...

What great pictures. Thanks to Megan and her camera! I'll call you later tonight, but missing you as always!
Love,
Charlie

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

I hope you had a great weekend and were all rested for today's MRI. Waiting for the results must be very difficult but Wednesday will be here, before you know it. It just gives us more time to pray for positive results. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

You, with your courage to take on this challenge head-on, has impacted my life more than you will ever know.

On a different note....Burt and I are finally going to see the production of Lion King this Sunday. The production has gotten great reviews and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'll let you know what I thought. I'd also like to see/hear, America, who will be performing here sometime in November. We'll see what happens. So much is happening at one time, on our tiny island.

Take care, Gail!

Love,
Marianne

joyce mcgrady said...

Hi Gail, I'm praying that you are doing fine this evening since yesterday was your apt. I hope all went well and you are your spunky self. Such a beautiful picture of you and your grandson. I was with Tiffany and her children this weekend while Sean was in a race. Its nice she is 2 1/2 hrs from us now. For awhile there we had one in Belgium one in Florida and one in Mass. This last weekend I got to enjoy all five of her beauties. What alot of work young mothers have, when you're young you just do it and don't realize until later how you had no time for yourself. They're worth every minute since they grow so fast. Like the song says, don't blink. You are always in my thoughts and prayers, especially now, keep happy thoughts, luv you cuz, jm