The doctors pushed back the start of my new chemo treatment to this coming Monday. I am really anxious to start, but am also nervous. I want to get on with it and am hoping that it will give me some of my mind back. Today, I went to Seattle to meet with a therapist that works with oncology patients to talk about why I'm so down. We worked through some stuff and I am on some new medications to help me with a some of my depression over my health situation. Hopefully, I won't be feeling so sad anymore.
My friend, Jim Summers, came over recently and we worked on music together. Music has always been such an important part of my life, and it is wonderful to have friends that help me continue with it. My friends Linda and Nada are coming over soon for a visit. I love hearing what is going on with everyone.
Other than that, I've been spending time with my grandkids and my daughters and enjoying the time that I get to spend with them.
I'll update next week after the start of the new chemo treatment. Hopefully I won't feel too awful.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Gail,
I'm so sorry to hear of your newest disappointment of having your chemo treatment pushed back until next week. You must be very anxious to continue whatever you have to do to achieve better health.
I've had so many friends who've been directly touched with cancer. No matter which path they took towards healing, holistic or conventional, the main thing is to maintain a strong will, which I know you have.
Continue to surround yourself with all that is beautiful and precious to you, like your love of music and of course your loving family.
I continue to pray for you and your loved ones.
Much aloha,
Marianne Okura
Gail, I am so proud of you for all that you are bearing. You are an example to all those who know and love you. I am grateful to be able to call you my friend and I know that you are handling this new situation with such grace. We are thinking and praying for you always. Enjoy those precious grandbabies and daughters.
Linda
Post a Comment