My granddaughter, Madeline, planned a picnic for all of us today and we had a great time. We had hot dogs, chips, and cupcakes, then she read a story and passed out presents to all of us. It was a lot of fun.
I can't think of a better way to celebrate your day than with a picnic. You all look really happy. You're doing such a great job updating us whenever you're able, through this blog. Communicating this way makes me feel more connected with you. Take care and I pray you will have many more happy days like this one.
Since many of you don't know what exactly is happening with me, I thought I'd tell my story here. April of 2007, I began noticing that I was having problems organizing my thoughts and saying the right things. Jim convinced me to go see my doctor, who ran an MRI. We got the results back in early May, and the diagnosis was that I have terminal brain cancer called Glioblastoma. The tumor takes up much of the left side of my brain, which makes reading, writing, and speaking pretty difficult for me. I had a craniotomy in mid-May, which confirmed my diagnosis. Through my friends at work, I met a great doctor who has helped me begin my treatments. I am now spending my time enjoying family and friends and living my life!
2 comments:
Hi Gail,
I can't think of a better way to celebrate your day than with a picnic. You all look really happy.
You're doing such a great job updating us whenever you're able, through this blog. Communicating this way makes me feel more connected with you.
Take care and I pray you will have many more happy days like this one.
Love,
Marianne Okura
I love your socks!
Post a Comment