Monday, August 13, 2007

treatment done!

I went in for my new round of chemo today. All in all, it went well and so far I feel good. I went in this morning, and they delivered the first drug through IV. The stuff in my IV that they were using to keep me hydrated spiked my blood sugars, though, and my numbers went pretty high, so they had to give me a high dose of insulin. I felt a little sick, so they gave me an anti-nausea medication that made me fall asleep and I slept in the hospital for most of the day. They gave me the second medication this afternoon also through IV and I was able to come home and eat dinner with my family this evening.

So far, I am feeling well. We will have to wait and see tomorrow if I get any major side effects, but I am feeling upbeat and excited about the treatment tonight. If all goes as planned, I will return for round two at the hospital in about two weeks, and I have to do this four times total, so the treatment will be over in hopefully about eight weeks.

I love reading comments here from family and friends. It makes my day brighter. I appreciate all the love and support I've received from everyone, even some that I haven't seen in a long time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail,

I'm glad your treatment today went well. Ashley tells me you sounded great on the phone tonight. I know she is excited to see you soon, and I'm glad to hear things went well today.

Love,
Mario

Dawn said...

Gail,
No one is ever around when I call! I'll keep trying. I'm glad to know that things went well yesterday. Just think - one week from tomorrow and it's SISTER WEEK! I can't wait to see you.
Love,
Charlie

Linda said...

Good news Gail. I hope today brings the same kind of good news - no nausea or anything else bad. Your upbeat spirits keep mine up. Hopefully the next 8 weeks will fly by for you and it will be followed by the best possible news!

Now back to my grandkids.

Love Ya,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Gail,

SO glad to hear and see that you are feeling better. I am thinking of you as you are going through these difficult times. Stay strong and enjoy the little things in life that make you smile.

Anonymous said...

Gail,

I know how relieved you must be to have this latest treatment behind you. I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well. You are amazing, and quite an inspiration. We love you, and are always thinking of you.