This is going to be a busy week. Melissa and the girls left on Monday, and I had Megan and the boys over to play all day long. Today, my sister, Charlie arrives for a visit. Every summer, we like to have what we call "Sister Week" where we travel together, and this year we will spend it here at my house. Jim's son, Michael, will be here this weekend, and I just got word that Ashley and her kids will be coming back to town on September 14th. I love seeing all of the people that I care so much about.
I have actually been doing really well recently. My new anti-depressants are helping quite a bit, so that I don't feel like I'm losing my mind. Physically, I'm feeling pretty well. Walking has become a little difficult for me and I am getting more and more tired, but I am still able to do many of my regular household tasks. Last week, my 22 year old washing machine finally died. We got a replacement delivered yesterday, and our dishwasher promptly broke, so we are waiting for the replacement to come soon. It feels like everything is falling apart, including me sometimes.
I have my second dose of my new chemo next week. I am anxious to get through another round of this and move on.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Gail,
It's me again! I'm sorry for writing so often, but this is the only way I can keep in contact with you.
I'm happy to hear that your home has been filled with so much family love and fun activities. This is just what the doctor ordered.
I'm sure you have down periods from time to time, as you cope with the cancer, but your strength and determination is amazing.
I pray that you won't feel too uncomfortable with your second dose of chemo. Take care!
God bless you!
Marianne Okura
Hi,
Boy, you do have a busy week planned. I know you'll enjoy all of your company. I'm glad you are still able to do things and enjoy being with family and friends.
How wonderful it is that your family is able to be with you as much as they are.
I'm sure your time with Charlie will be full of laughs and loudness. Take full advantage of it!
I'll be thinking about you Monday when you have your next treatment. I pray that it will be as good as the 1st one and will accomplish what it is supposed to do.
Lena sends her hello and best wishes to you.
Love ya,
Linda
You are so lucky to have family that is able to come and visit as often as they do. I'm glad your week is better. I can't believe that your washing machine lasted THAT long! WOW!
Gail,
Hi, it's great that I got word of your blog from Jim Summers. I'm glad I can keep up with how you are doing. Just sending a word of hello and my love to you. You're in my prayers.
God bless
~jason
Post a Comment