I had an MRI on Tuesday and met with my oncologist yesterday. Unfortunately, we did not receive the good news that we were hoping for. The last round of radiation and chemo did not do what it was supposed to and it appears that the tumor has grown. My oncologist has suggested that I begin a new round of chemo next week. It will be administered by an IV once every two weeks and I will have to go to the hospital for the treatment. It is a clinical trial and has not yet been approved by the FDA, so it carries with it an enormous amount of risk and side effects.
I am obviously very down about the results of my MRI. I want to do everything I can to prolong my time with my family and friends, so I will start the new treatment next week and assess how I feel after that. I have been having a rather difficult time lately since I have not been able to sleep and I am a bit depressed over my health situation.
Luckily, I am blessed with wonderful family and friends who I care about deeply. I am enjoying spending time with my daughter Melissa and her girls Madeline and Anna while they are visiting in town and also Megan and her boys. I really do look forward to visits from friends whenever they have the time to stop by.
One of my favorite ways to pass time is to play with my grandkids. On Monday, I had four of them over at my house picking blueberries and Tuesday, I went to Megan's house and all the grandkids had a blueberry party. It was fun to watch them play in the backyard and eat ice cream with blueberries on top. I also love hearing updates from Ashley in Colorado, where Ryan is getting ready to start Elementary School and Abby is a real walker now. I am planning to go to Whidbey Island with my daughters tomorrow and possibly the Taste of Edmonds next weekend.
I appreciate again all of my friends and family who constantly keep me in their thoughts and prayers.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Gail, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your tumor. I too was hoping for better news. We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers and your name in the Temple here. I love you and am so thankful for your friendship and love.
Hi Gail,
We're sorry to hear that the treatments have not been effective. We hope and pray the treatment you start this week will have better results. We think of you often and are glad to see that you are maintaining your "sass".
Love, The Deckers
I'm glad to hear that you are having so much fun with your cute grandkids! I'm sorry about your MRI results. Although we have never met, you are dear Megan, therefore you are dear to me. Wishing you the best.
-Love, Darci Edmonds (Meg's sister-in-law)
Dear Gail,
We read and look at your personal page on a regular basis and are pleased to see that you can spend time together with family and friends.
We are so sorry to read about your MRI, since we had hoped for better results from your treatments, but are still hopeful that things will work out and that your next round of treatments will offer a better outcome!
May the Lord bless you, Gail!
Please come and see us next time you are out here on Whidbey Island - with love and best wishes from your Swedish friends,
Robert and Lena (Svensson)
Dear Gail,
I'm so sorry to hear of your MRI results. I also have been praying for a better outcome. I'm so impressed with how you've been tackling your challenges with much stamina and grace. What a wonderful role model you are for your children and grandchildren.
Thank you for sharing your precious photos and stories through the blog. What a great support system you have in your family and friends.
You will always be in my heart and prayers.
Much love and ALOHA (from Hawaii),
Marianne Okura
Post a Comment