Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm a party woman!

Charlie has turned me into a movie buff. We went to see Hairspray a couple days ago. It was hilarious! To answer you, Marianne, John Travolta made a great woman! I couldn't believe it was really him. Yesterday, we went to see Becoming Jane, which was another good one. We have enjoyed lots of ice cream by the lighthouse, and Charlie brought the sunny weather with her. We went to the Farmer's Market and I bought some pretty flowers and today I did some shopping in Marysville. Charlie has also taught me how to crochet and I have already made one hat and am starting on my second. Charlie leaves on Sunday and I'm trying to convince her to move to Seattle so that we can keep partying. I was happy to get a phone message from my cousin, Eloise, and wished I had been there to get the call. It was nice to hear her voice.

I'll get my blood work done next week and hopefully my blood counts will come back up and I can get my second dose in another week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You sound like your old self, except I am having a hard time envisioning you crocheting!

It would be fun if Charlie lived close by. That's how I feel about my sister Sheila. Maryland is an awfully long way away. I cancelled my trip there this year because of a few little obstacles here at home - two and 1/2 to be exact.

I didn't think I wanted to see "Hairspray" but maybe I'll have to. I've really been wanting to see "Becoming Jane". Maybe on my next "day off".

Keep being happy and doing fun things.

Love, Linda

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

Okay, now it's really not fair that some/most men age more 'gracefully' than us women, but now, at least one of them, John Travolta, has been made up to look just as good as one of us :). I guess it just proves how good an actor he is. It's great to hear that you're enjoying so many movies. I'm embarrassed to reveal that the last one I saw was about 3 years ago. Boy, I'd better get out more often.

Reading about your fun activities with Charlie, bring back wonderful memories of Seattle. I love your city and it's wonderful sights and friendly people.

Take care and continue on with your partying.

Love,
Marianne