I went in for my second dose of IV chemo yesterday. I get two different chemo drugs by IV. They did some blood work and gave me my first drug. After starting the second drug, my blood work came back, which said that my red blood cell count was just a tiny bit low, but my doctor didn't want to proceed with the second drug, just to be cautious. So, we stopped the IV without finishing the treatment. They gave me a different drug which is supposed to help with my red count and next week I will go back for more blood work. If my blood work is fine, I will go in two weeks to repeat the second treatment. That means that instead of having two treatments behind me and only two left, I still have three treatments left to go.
The good news is that the doctor said that I may be able to start doing things like reading again. This doesn't mean the left side of my brain is healing, but that my right side is taking over and training itself to do things that my left side used to do. This is WONDERFUL news for me, and I am making an appointment with a specialist today to start working on this. I would love to be able to read again, even if it is just a little bit.
Today, I'm going with my sister to see the movie "Hairspray." It has been so much fun to have her here and has really lifted my spirits!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Gail,
Yes, it's me again! I'm sorry for this little "bump in the road", which pushed you back a little with your treatments.
One of my favorite life lessons states that it's not the destination, but the journey that's important. In your situation, it's both. Of course the destination of a clean bill of health is what we're all praying for, but your journey to this point is a challenge that will make you even stronger than you are, if that's even possible.
I'm thrilled to hear about your ability to read again. Best wishes as you work towards this.
Hey, how was "Hairspray"? I can't picture Travolta as a woman :) It must have been hilarious!
Take care,
Marianne
So, what are you hoping to read? I heard hairstray is great! I hope it does the trick.
Post a Comment