Wednesday, September 26, 2007

another round of chemo

Mom had her third round of chemo yesterday. Everything went just fine and she didn't experience any nausea or other uncomfortable symptoms. After each round of chemo, she typically has a couple of really great days where she seems to be able to make a lot of sense and express herself better, so we're hoping for that again this time. Tomorrow, Mom, Ashley, and I are getting together to cook a bunch of meals that Mom and Dad can freeze and have for when they need them. Mom is really looking forward to an evening of cooking and being with family, which are two of her favorite things to do.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

You must have been anxious to begin your treatment again. I'm happy that you felt good afterwards and I hope you will have great fun with Megan and Ashley in the kitchen. I wonder what the checkout person thought, as you bought all of the grocery needed for several meals. I think this is a great idea. It sounds like it's going to be loads of fun.

Take care and enjoy your time together!

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

It sound like you have been doing good. I am happy the treament went well for you. Sounds like you'll be cooking up a storm there. Can hardly wait to hear what the grandkids will make up for you for dinner, when my kids were that age, I'd have probably gotten a hot dog and a crayon or something. Sounds yummy huh! Just thought I'd let you know we're thinking of you.
Love, Kris

Dawn said...

Wahoo for your great cooking. Erin still insists on mashed potatoes the "way Aunt Gail makes them."

I just booked my flight to come and spend more time with you. I arrive on 10/19 and will stay until 10/23. Just a short trip this time, but that means I still have vacation time left to come and see you lots more!

Glad to hear the chemo went well yesterday. You are a wonder woman for sure. I love you and am counting the days until we can have some quality sister hilarity again!!!

Marianne said...

Yummmm, did Charlie mention 'mashed potatoes'? That's one of my favorites! Would you like to share your secret recipe? Here in Hawaii, rice, is the staple starch, so I consider potatoes to be an extra special treat.

I hope you all had a blast in the kitchen....there must have been a lot of laughing and cooking going on at the same time.

Looks like you and Charlie will be enjoying more special time together. I wonder if the bakery, that's been previously mentioned, will be one of your first stops. Pastries are right up there, next to mashed potatoes, as my favorite things, so I wouldn't mind going to this shop, either.

Take care and keep surrounding yourself with all of your favorite things.

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Your food looks yummy. You guys should go into business. We have a place here in SLC called My Girlfiends Kitchen where you can go and fix meals for a whole month. They have everything for you and you just have to put it together. I want to try it sometime. Although I'm sure it wouldn't be as much fun as I know you guys had. Wish I could have been there.

I'm sorry to hear about the new tumor. Sounds like it's causing you lots of pain. Hopefully they'll be able to get rid of it and the sciatic pain will go away. That's pretty awful stuff.

Today I asked Jose to get the dead bird off of the mailbox that some stupid kid had placed there. I didn't want Sammy to get ahold of it in case it was diseased. Oops! wasn't a dead bird at all but someones furry had with a tail. We sure had a good laugh over that.

Hope you have an enjoyable Sunday.

Love ya lots.
Linda