Here is my kitchen at the height of the chaos.

And here's all the food. It was a lot of work preparing six meals in two hours, but Ashley and I were so happy we could do this for Mom. We also feel pretty lucky that, even though Mom's abilities are limited these days, we are still able to get out with her, do fun things, and enjoy her company. We had a lot of fun.
On a different note, the man in charge of Swedish Home Health Care happens to be a friend of my dads. Dad took Mom's latest MRI to him to look at, who noticed a second tumor had developed on Mom's brain which is very likely the cause of Mom's very painful sciatica. This doctor told us that, most likely, with a very strong and very localized one-time radiation treatment, they could probably knock out this very painful and burdensome problem for Mom. She will go in very early tomorrow morning (6am) for another MRI to confirm these findings and then we will hopefully proceed to the radiation treatment on another day. This would be a wonderful solution for Mom, as she has been in an enormous amount of pain from the sciatica, although we are all wondering how in the world she is going to get up early enough to get to Seattle by 6am tomorrow (she is NOT a morning person!)
Megan
1 comment:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's a good thing that this second tumor was discovered by Jim's friend. Hopefully the localized radiation treatment will take care of it, allowing you to live life without pain.
You're not a morning person???? Being a mom and grandmom, how did you manage this? I used to be like you, but unfortunately I've had to change my ways :(. I wish I had known your secret :).
I pray that this procedure will give you the positive results you are hoping for.
Now on a lighter note....
6 meals in 2 hours? The best of chefs can't do that. That kichen must have been filled with much chaos, laughter, sharing, and love. Happy Eating!!!! Everything looks so good!
Take care and I pray for the success of this treatment.
Love,
Marianne
Post a Comment