Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Who's thinking of Mom today?

I know that there are a lot of friends and family checking this blog and so many that care so deeply about Mom. The comments that she receives on here are keeping her spirits up and I'm sure she would love to know who is checking her blog and is thinking about her. Please take a minute to post a comment, even if you have never posted before, or even if you hardly know her. Let Mom know what an enormous support system she has. You can remind her of a funny story the two of you laugh about, talk about how you know her, or simply sign your name, but let's let her know how much she is loved!

36 comments:

Dawn said...

Goodness! Just narrowing down this message to one memory is a challenge, but I have been thinking about that trip we took in the infamous Pinto to visit Patsy in Indiana...how we visited Nauvoo and stayed in that creepy little motel and we had each other scared of pioneer ghosts and such nonsense and we pulled back the sheets to get into the bed and there was a dead bug. So we weren't haunted by dead people, but just dead bugs! I think that trip did the Pinto in. She was never the same after that. Although we did drive her to Cedar City to visit Bob and Lynne after the birth of Brant. Remember how she gave up somewhere along I-15 in Central Utah and the highway patrol guy just said "yep, it won't start" and then drove off! Yay for Daddy coming to the rescue! Wow what a car and when you think about her considerable limitations, we sure had adventures in her!

Thinking of you today and always.

Love,
Charlie

Anonymous said...

Gail,
Been checking up on you daily to see how things are going. That is really neat that Robbie and Lynne are able to make it out here this weekend. I miss you very much and need to get over to see you again soon. I figured it's better to let some other people have a turn to visit you, so I don't wear out my welcome. Isn't it almost time to take you to the pumpkin patch for your really good corn? We all love you very much!!

Dawn said...

Bryan wants to say hi to his "scoot-cart partner" (although I still think you faked that so he wouldn't feel bad) and remind you of your mutual love of Nancy Grace and Anderson Cooper!

Rich and Jodi Sawyer said...

Rich and I check on you daily. We remember your visit to our little apartment in Orem, the day Uncle Jim, Aunt Helen and Pete went through the temple for their parents. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rich and Jodi Sawyer

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You know I'm thinking of you every day. You are always in my heart and prayers.

Remember our trip on the ferry when I did my cute little dance and fall when we were getting off at one of the islands. Always trying to be funny! Even though it hurt pretty bad we got a good laugh out of it. I'd do it again to cheer you up but maybe just a reminder will do.

Moses whats to know what I'm doing so I showed him your picture and said I'm telling you hello. So - he put his cute little face on the monitor and said "hi". Pretty good for a 2 year old.

Stay strong. I love you and cherish our many memories.

Linda

Anonymous said...

It's me again. Lena asked me to post a message for her. She sends her love and thoughts to you. She said she enjoys the memories she has of you at the State Library and some of the dumb things we did!

Anonymous said...

Hello Gail! Sorry we have not had contact for awhile. Ben, Adele and I are doing well, expecting our little boy in less than a month. His name will be Alexander Mark Crockett. We are very excited to have him here soon. Hopefully my ward here in Arlington will tell me the date of the baby shower soon so we can invite all our Mukilteo friends! Remember Adele's shower, and everyone smelling the candy bars in the diapers? Crazy! We think about you all the time and keep you in our prayers. We love you. XOX Crocketts

Anonymous said...

I think we talked about every memory when I was there in August--Grandpa coming to get me from daycare after I called him, trips to California when we had to hang my pants out the car window to dry after the ocean almost washed us away, and Kris and I losing the corn worms in the Pinto. I could go on forever. I love you Mom!
Love Melissa

Erin said...

Hi Aunt Gail! I just wanted to take a minute and say thanks for all your help and support when I moved to Seattle. Moving there all alone and starting college was scary, and you were like a second mom to me then. You were so great about doing things that I'm sure were really inconvenient...remember trying to fit my new tv into your car at costco then trying to get it into my tiny dorm room??? Thanks for everything! I'm always thinking of you.

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

Sadly, my relationship with you is not as rich or long as the wonderful memories I am reading. Although I don't know your wonderful friends or know of these funny stories, I find them hilarious, and wish I could have known you longer. We would have had much fun getting in trouble together :)

Although our time together was cut short when Lauren left Seattle, you and Jim were my angels who entered my life, when I really needed you. Burt and I had just left our Lauren alone in a strange, but wonderful city, and that was the worse feeling I've ever had. If it weren't for you, my days and nights would have been engulfed with anxiety. You were Lauren's "life-line", and I thank you very much.

I want to share with you someone elses thoughts of wisdom. "Being a positive person, someone who looks forward to so much,is not only rewarding, it's refreshing. The wisest people on earth are those who have a hard time recalling their worries....and an easy time remembering their blessings".

With everything you've had to endure, you never lost your humor, charm, and love for life. Your positive outlook just adds to your many other endearing qualities.

What a wonderful person you are!!!!

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sister-Sister,
Just remember, this tumor can decrease your physical strengths
but is has no power over the love and support you have always shared
with family and friends.
What great memories we have of you
dancing on Utah Bandstand. You seemed so mature but you were only
12 or 13 at the most. You and
charlie have some pretty funny memories of Special Interest Dances
you might want to share.
Remember standing at the front door
with me and crying our eyes out
thinking that mom and daddy had abandoned us and were never coming
home from Salt Lake? Thank goodness
Uncle Fred came by and took us to
his house. We were alone all of about 15 minutes. What brave souls
we were. We really did have one
great childhod and have memories
to prove it.

loving you and thinking of you,
Patsy

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail and Jim,

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Jim and Karen Layman

Darci said...

Gail,
Although we don't know you well you are in our daily family prayers.
You are lucky to have such a wonderful support group.
Best Wishes, Mike and Darci

Anonymous said...

hello gail, on my way to bed, and thught that i would hurry and send you a note to let you know you are ever in my thoughts. love you girl, eloise

Anonymous said...

As an embarrassed and somewhat confused dog, a recent failure of guide dog training camp, I suspected a dim future, an Alpo-reject scorned throughout puppy kingdom. However, I got renewed vigor when I was adopted by Gail. First off she bought me the good stuff for dinner, a sign that she understood the importance of chef-quality meals. She also walked me daily, even letting me romp (and finding my inner puppy) through the wild forest area near our home. She put up with my fondness for squirrels and pieces of wood which resembled assorted rodents. She is indeed a lovely mistress and I can't believe my good fortune into being placed in this home. This difficult to write because my paws are so large they have difficulty pressing just one key on the keyboard. Thank Dog for spell check!
I love you,
Jigsaw

Anonymous said...

After reading some of the other messages, I couldn't help but to write again. You have been like a second mom to me also. After getting stationed up here with the military, I can't count the number of times you have been there for us. The daily emailing, taking myself and another sailor's family for the outing to the pumpkin patch when holiday time was rough with our husbands out to sea, coming in the middle of the night to pick Jack up for us when I had my Harborview adventure after Grayson was born, warming the bench with us while the kids play hockey. I greatly admire your ability to throw together a gathering at your house, with little or no notice, and make it seem like it's never any trouble at all. I used to love babysitting Fenton and Mowgli for you guys when you traveled, they were wonderful company and always liked my cooking. I am so grateful that we have been able to live close to you guys, and so thankful that you are my aunt. Love, Kris

Marianne said...

Hi again, Gail!

I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying reading about your wonderful journey down memory lane, and being able to be a small part of it.

What a fun past you've had with friends/family, as well as being so generous in helping others, as you've helped me. I really could have used an outgoing, fun-loving friend like you while I was growing up. Being an only child, I was at times afraid of my own shadow, but I would have had a blast being with you.

From reading the comments from your friends, I know you are a person who is truly loved and cared for. What an impact you've made on so many.

Thank you, Megan, for keeping this blog going. You've grown to be a loving and strong woman, just like your Mom.

Much love,
Marianne

Michael said...

I remember, eons ago, when the letter arrived in Layton. It was my mission call. Gail called and wanted to open the letter. I told her, in no uncertain terms that she couldn't do that. Gail jumped into the old brown Pinto, we have read so much about and drove to Logan, so that I could open the letter. So much has changed and happened since then. The only thing that hasnt't changed is my love for you Gail.
Friends and work are keeping updated with you reading your blog everytime there is a posting. They send their thoughts and prayers too.
I will be there for Thanksgiving and seeing you again.

Love,
Michael

Anonymous said...

Gail,
Michael is right, he does keep us at his work posted on how you are doing.I am glad he does. I lost my husband to lung cancer on Father's Day 2006. We were married 41 years. It was a very sad day for me and our children and granddaughter. Just keep fighting it helps. I wish you all the luck in the world and know Michael loves you very very much.
Bonnie

Marianne said...

Okay Gail, it's me again!

You must think I'm crazy, but I think I'm addicted to checking your blog every single day. It's amazing to see, at the latest count, 19 comments to the last update. I guess I'm going to be the 20th. I shouldn't be too surprised, since so many people have been touched by you and are praying for you.

I hope you're having a good day, and will have a wonderful weekend. Hopefully your home will again be filled to the brim with loving supporters. Keep smiling and laughing!

Love,
Marianne

Dawn said...

I'm with Marianne...freakisly addicted to your blog and enjoying the comments everyone sends in. I started thinking about how much you have influenced by lifelong habits and remembered how you told me (when I was only about 11) that you wouldn't take me to see a revivial of "Gone with the Wind" in the theater until I had read the book and so I did and you kept your promise and took me to the old Center Theater in Salt Lake to see it. Then I can directly trace my love of basketball to you and your addiction to the Utah Stars. Remember when we went to see Mike Butler's band play? It's a wonder our ears weren't permanently damaged. And then when Michael won the $100 shooting the three-pointer at half-time. Those were the days!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the other day about all of our "quests" that we used to go on. The two I remember well are looking for the falling down houses and finding Kurt Cobain's house. We always had a good time together. I used to love the nights that we would spend sitting in your office just talking for hours at a time. Even though you were supposed to be working, you always made me feel like the most important thing in your life. You were a second mother to pretty much all my friends growing up and everyone loved to spend time with you. You have been an amazing grandma to my kids and they love and adore you.

I love you, Mom.

Megan

Anonymous said...

I love you like 20785401003. You're too beautiful Grandma. I love you as much as 604870, and whenever I hug you it's so much great because it so so so so so so so so so so so much great.

Love, Ryan

Anonymous said...

I love you Grandma. I have a secret for you, I love you so so so so so so so so so much. When I hug you it's so good. You're my friend. I love you Grandma.

Love, Ryan

Anonymous said...

I love you Grandma so so so so so so much, too too much. So you're the bestest person I ever saw. I really love you, Grandma.
Love, Ryan

Anonymous said...

I remember when you took me to the Nutcracker when I was 6 and there was chocolate and a lot of sweets and I went for the fruit. That same night we went and did the Santa's sled video that shows us all throwing presents over Seattle. That was a lot of fun because I got to come home with you guys and spend the night at your house. I love you very much Aunt Gail we will have to come up and see you again.
Love, Jack

Anonymous said...

HI, I think Ryan loves his grandma. That's so cute!

I sure wish we could communicate again like we used to. I have some things I really need to discuss with you. Like the fact that Raeonna's husband is here. Don't know what the outcome will be but can't say more here. The kids are loving having him here. He's such a good guy and good daddy.

Seeing Michaels note and Charlies about the Stars brought back lots of memories like Willie and big Z and Cincy. We sure had some fun time with the Stars didn't we.

I have also been thinking of the bookmobiles and the video we have of them. You should watch that again when you need a lift or laugh or maybe both.

Will be thinking of you Tuesday when you go for your next treatment. I hope you were able to attend the Temple yesterday. You were on my mind yesterday more than usual.

No results from my CScan yet. Hopefully I'll have news Monday.

Love you and hope you have a wonderful week with your family and friends (and jigsaw!). Linda

Marianne said...

Hi there, Gail!

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend with your brother Bob and Lynne. What great photos!

Kris mentioned something that brought to mind another memory and stirred Lauren's memory of when you invited her to your home to spend Thanksgiving with your family. In addition to the feast that you had prepared, especially the pies :), Lauren remembered your beautiful dogs, Fenton and Mowgli. Lauren loves dogs so very much and was missing hers a lot, so seeing yours made the holidays complete. Now you have Jigsaw....if I'm not mistaken Fenton and Mowgli were "retired" seeing eye dogs as well. What a wonderful home you've given them!

Are you having another treatment on Tuesday? If you are, I pray that everything goes well and that you don't experience any discomfort.

Your sister, Charlie, sounds like she would have been a blast to hang out with as well.

Thank you so much for this blog because I'm learning so much about you and your wonderful family and friends. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this.

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Gail,
You have always been Megan's mom to me, but I always thought she was lucky to have you as a mom! So this memory is from a long time ago. It was when Megan and I were about 12 and I was sleeping over at your house and you had bought us pink lemonade jolly rancher sticks. I thought you were the coolest mom ever!
We are thinking of you
Julie

Marianne said...

Alright now, Gail! Do you remember when you went to see the movie,"Hairspray" and I told you that I needed to get out more, since the last movie I saw was about 3 years ago? Well, Burt just bought tickets for us to see the live production of 'Lion King'. Being stuck way out in the Pacific ocean, we don't get to see too many productions from the mainland. Although we won't be seeing it until November, I'm really excited. I'll let you know all about it.

I hope you're having a good day....I think about you all of the time. Take care!

Love,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Grandma, I love so you much like 1000 times. One of my favorite memories with you, Grandma is when I used to come and visit you during the week. One time we went down to the beach with Grandpa, and you guys got me a chocolate/vanilla swirl ice cream cone. I accidentaly dropped it in the water, and I was so sad. To make me feel better you helped me make up the chocolate and vanilla song. You always know how to cheer me up Grandma!

Love, Ryan
Love, Ryan

Anonymous said...

Grandma, I love you as much as Jigsaw. I have so much fun sitting and talking to you every morning. okokokokokokokokokokokokokok

Love, Ryan
Love, Ryan

Anonymous said...

Grandma,

I love you so much because I have so so so so so many memories with you. Back then we had so much fun.

Love, Ryan LOVE,RYAN LOVE,RYAN LOVE,RYAN
LOVE, RYAN LOVE,RYAN LOVE,RYAN

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

I hope you're enjoying your weekend and experiencing pleasant weather. I keep in touch with friends who live in New York and I'm told that they're having beautiful cool Autumn weather, and are looking forward to Autumn folage. The leaves turning their beautiful colors is something I'm looking forward to seeing one of these days. I still remember the wonderful cool climate of Washington state and wish I was there right now. Hawaii is experiencing sweltering heat and worse yet....I'm stuck at home cleaning and doing laundry. Oh well....can't be at the beach, enjoying the cool water all of the time. Okay, this is my Saturday....I hope yours is more fun. Just dropping you a note to tell you that I'm thinking of you and to tell you how much I enjoy reading Ryan's notes to you. He loves his grandma so very much.

Take care....I love you! Okay, got to get back to work :(

Marianne

Anonymous said...

LOV,RYAN GRANTMA YOURE 190

Kate said...

Dear Gail,
I have been thinking about you so much since I left Everett and have been checking up on you with your wonderful blog. I have so many fond memories of serving with you in Relief Society and I will never forget how you reached out to me when I was new in the ward. You invited my husband and me to Thanksgiving dinner and threw a wonderful baby shower for me! And when Connor was born you brought dinner to us and gave him so much love and attention! I really appreciated that! You are such an amazing person and I'm so glad that I was able to know you for the short time that I was in Everett. I sure do miss seeing you at church every week. I'm thinking about you and praying for you and your family.
Much love,
Kate Hoag