Tuesday, September 4, 2007

blood work

I went to the doctor today for some blood work to determine if my red blood cell count had come back up high enough that I could try the second time for my second round of the new chemo. My blood count is still low, but high enough that I can proceed with the treatment and will have my second dose next Tuesday. With that good news, Jim and I have decided to head to the coast this weekend. I am looking forward to a relaxing time at the beach this weekend to gear up for my second dose. We will also celebrate Jim's birthday this Sunday. I am excited to get this treatment behind me and move on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello gail, i finally learned how to get on you blog sight. i'm so proud. saw the pics of you and charlie, and you both look so cute. i saw your cousin josephine last week, and she hasn't changed any. she and her fats were in town to see aunt flavia. she looks old, not like me that stays forever young. how was your trip to the ocean? did you freeze to death? you live in one cold part of the world. just wanted you to know that i'm always thinking of you and your jim. love you tons el

Dawn said...

Yay for going to the coast. I miss you tons and so enjoyed our time together. I'm already planning my next visit. I love you!

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,

Great news regarding your blood test....I know you're anxious to continue with your healing.

Have a wonderful time at the beach! Happy birhday, Jim!

Love,
Marianne