Mom is now pretty much unable to carry on a conversation, she has a hard time finding words and gets frustrated easily. We thought that this might be a good conversation piece for her visitors. When you visit Mom, please sign her banner and then feel free to read what else is written on the poster to her. She would love to hear all her messages.
Mom also got a lift delivered to the house, and my dad will learn how to use it on Monday. It is used to help move Mom from place to place and also to help her up if she falls. She also got an air bed delivered to the house which will help relieve bed sores.
I also wanted to share this picture of Mom with her sons-in-law. They are very much a part of Mom's care, too, mostly taking care of kids and helping with cooking and clean up so the rest of us can enjoy time visiting with her. The picture I tried to post with Steve photo shopped in didn't want to post, so here's the one of just Mario and Dan.
2 comments:
Hi,
It's almost time for me to get ready for bed but I decided to check first to see if there was any news from you. I surely wish I could be there to write a message on the sign Tyler made for you. But this will have to do.
I thought of you in church today. We have a crazy lady in our ward (singer too) who decided to bear her testimony only it wasn't a testimony at all but a wierd talk. Anyway she reminded me of the lady in your ward a few years ago. I know you know the one I'm talking about. Made me laugh to think about your "run in" as I listened to ours. I do feel sorry for her though. She really does have problems and is in need of much help.
I'm so sorry to hear that you are having more trouble conversing. I imagine it's frustrating to you. You don't need to use words - just give your sweet smile and laugh. That's what we all love and will do for now.
I truly know that the Lord is mindful of you and your family Gail. He's helping all of us deal with this trial you are going through.
I love you. Have a good week.
Linda
I felt my grandchild move and kick (or punch) today. Raeonna says she acts up the most when she (Raeonna) is trying to sleep. Less than 2 months now until we get to hold her/him in our arms.
Megan,
Thank you for the wonderful job you are doing on your mom's blog. I check it almost every day for news. I don't know how you find the time and also take care of your little family and your Mom and Dad. But I'm glad you are able to do it. I'm sure they are grateful too.
The picture on this posting didn't come through. It may just be my computer but thought I'd let you know in case others can't see it either.
Thank you too for the DVD. It is wonderful and something I'll cherish forever. Please give your Mom a big hug and kiss for me. I wish I could be there to do it myself but have decided it is probably best if I just stay here and comunicate this way. Give your Dad a hug for me too please. I've tried to call several times but after reading this post I'm thinking that maybe it's best if I don't try again. I don't want to add to her frustration.
Take care and I pray the Lord will continue to bless you so you can do the things you need to.
Love to all,
Linda Sorensen
Post a Comment