This is Mom with her bath aide, Rozene (left), and her caregiver, Maria (right). We are so thankful for these two ladies who have provided such kind and loving care for Mom.
Mom's friends, Jim and Becky Summers, came for a visit today. Jim is very talented musically and played the piano for Mom. She has desperately missed being able to play the piano herself since she got diagnosed, and this was very nice for her to have music in her home again.
I am shocked by the amount of people that have been checking this blog daily to check in with Mom and see how she's doing. The blog's stat counter said the blog had over 90 hits today alone! It makes us all so happy to know how loved she is and how often she is thought about. I hope that over the next few weeks, as you think about and pray for Mom, that you would share in a post some of your memories and stories of her since those are so fun to read and really lift her spirits.
Finally, here is a bit of the update from my dad today:
1-7 Monday
Gail woke last evening with a period of agitation that lasted about 90 minutes (3-5am)
Overall, today was a good day for Gail, and with lots of visitors including her friend Jim Summers who also played piano for her.
The occupational therapist visited to figure out and order a protective covering that will take pressure off of the wound and also be less likely to be ripped off.
Gail says the air bed must go back.
Overall, we are hopeful of a restful evening including as I prepare to get back into the classroom on Tuesday.
7 comments:
Good Morning,
I'm happy to hear you had a good day yesterday. I love the picture of you and a couple of your caregivers. I talked to Maria on the phone once and she sounded like a very nice, caring lady. I'm glad you have such good people helping you.
How fun for you that your friend Jim was able to visit and play the piano for you. I know music has always been an important part of your life. I remember when you got your first music writing program for your computer. Seemed foreign to me but now I wished I'd paid more attention when you were showing and explaining it to me. I should get something like that (only probably much different now) for Raeonna. She stills loves to play and compose her own music although she doesn't get as much time to do it now.
I'm off to visit Lena and Kerry. Kerry is in a care center right now for rehab. Hopefully he'll be able to go home next week.
I hope you have a good day again today.
Love you much, Linda
Hi Gail. It was super good to talk to you last night. You sounded great and it made my day.
I know you will be watching CNN and the election results today. It would be fun to be there with you and watch it together. You do realize that all my political inclinations come from you! Poor Mom and Dad's Republican leanings never had a chance!!!
I'll call you later this week. I love you. Thank-you to Megan for keeping up the blog and including the fun pictures.
Charlie
Dear Gail and family, I haven't been on the blog for awhile because it keeps insisting that my password is incorrect which it isnt than when I put in my email address it says I already have an account. It is an agrivating circumstance since I have already written a note and it clears it out. The news that I have read recently isn't what I wanted to hear of course. I hope that you are comfortable and your arm is doing as well as can be expected. I am so pleased that you raised such good daughters. You know what they say, "You have a daughter for all your life, you have a son until he takes a wife" I'm sure it isn't exactly true but daughters are a real blessing. You can be so proud of being such a good person, honest, generous, faithful and not only a good daughter to your parents but also to your Heavenly Father. I can honestly say that you were my only sister and my first friend besides my brother.
Recently I saw a movie that reminded me of the first movie in my memory. Your father took the two of us to see Cinderella when we were 4. What a brave man or maybe it was just we were so incredably well behaved. Maybe I've already told you this but so many things I've written have been unable to be sent. I will be flying in on Thursday if it is ok with everyone. I tried to speak with Jim just a little while ago but he wasn't in yet, but I left my number and Jim call me. I'll come and play for you also like your friend. Hope you will enjoy chopstix. I will bring some pictures of the war torn area called Verland Park and three or four well known refugee's you might recognize. Luv JM
Hello,
How's your day going today? It sounds like you will have an extra special visitor tomorrow when your friend Joyce comes for a visit. I'm sure there will be lots of laughing.
I received my Kraft Food and Family magazine yesterday. There is a recipe for a very rich looking chocolate cake that makes me think of the Decadent Chocolate cake that you like from Harry and David's. I'd make it for you if I could figure out how to get it to you. It needs to be refrigerated. Maybe I'll just make it and eat it for you too. I know ... I'm all heart and so kind too.
I'm taking Sammy to a movie this afternoon. He has to have some teeth pulled tomorrow so thought this might help take his mind off of it. I get to take him to the dentist because Raeonna has to work so wish me luck!
Enjoy your visit with Joyce.
Love you, Linda
Hi Gail,
I was thinking about you today and wanted to let you know what a wonderful person I think you are. Thanks for being such a good Mom to Megan and good Mother-in-law to me. Anyways, I'll see you soon, but just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you today.
Aunt Gail,
It has been so fun to be able to see pictures of you and all of your visitors. I was thinking the other day about when you took me to Costco to buy my first apartment purchase...my own tv! I'm sure we entertained everyone in the parking lot trying to put it in the car! It was so nice to have family around to help me get settled in!
Megan,
Thanks so much for keeping this up to date. It's really nice to be able to check in everyday and see how things are going!
Love you guys,
Erin
Hi Gail,
I'm so sorry for being absent from your blog for so long. I've been dealing with some health concerns and needed to get some tests done. I haven't gotten any results or a call from my doctor, but what is that old saying? "No news is good news"....okay, I'll keep that saying in my mind, until I get a call from the doctor.
I'm with Joyce....when I opened your blog, I wasn't expecting to read what I did. I'm sorry for the news from your oncologist, but it's so true about the importance of quality of life. You have been so strong as you fought your illness, no matter how it made you feel and no matter how many curve balls "life" threw your way. What a wonderful role model you are to your children and grandchildren!
I don't know you as long or as well as your friends and family, but through this blog I've learned enough about you to know that you are one very special person and this shows in the wonderful family that you and Jim have raised. Oh, and it sounds like we have something in common....the love of chocolates!!!!
I hope your day is a good one. You are in my thoughts, my heart, and prayers.
Love,
Marianne
Post a Comment