
Mom passed away peacefully this evening about 5pm with me, Ashley, and my dad by her side. While it is hard for us to have her gone, it is a blessing that it happened quickly and she was not in any pain. We know she has influenced many and we are thankful every day that she was in our lives.
I will post any details about the funeral as we have that information.
11 comments:
Jim,
We will all miss Gail. Please know that if their is anything I or my family can do for you and yours that we will. Just call.
Jim and Becky Summers
Goodbye Gail....You'll be missed indeed! My prayers are with the family, and may you all be comforted by our loving Father!
Godspeed!
Goodbye dear lady and God bless you! You are finally able to rest peacefully without any pain. Sweet dreams!
Dear friends,
What a beautiful picture of Gail in front of the flowers. The beautiful and gracious person reflects the true inner beauty of her soul and spirit.
She will always be in my heart and I continue to pray for her and all of you. May God bless you and fill you with much comfort and peace.
Love,
Marianne, Burt , and family
Thank you so much for the posting of the wonderful picture of Gail among the flowers. That is how I love to remember her in my heart.Some time ago I found a quote from a diary of a member of the Martin Handcart Company and over the last few months it has come to mind several times as we have all struggled with Gails' illness and all wanting to her to be with us a little longer.
"I bade adieu, and oh how my heart did almost break.
To leave them when they with tears and sobs and entreaties pled to the last, for me to stay. But God had other uses for me in other places, and I must go".
What a great reunion is taking place beyond the veil.
Love to all,
Robbie
May our Heavenly Father comnfort you at this time and that peace will abide with all of you. God bless your beautiful family.
Cousin Irene
Dear Family, My heart aches right now, I am thankful for the few hours I got to spend with Gail. Death is merely the retiring of the body and the continuation of a journey to a better place ... I am sure she was welcomed with open arms. We send our blessings and love for your final journey Gail, til we meet again... Love Joyce and Sean McGrady
Goodbye sweet sister-sister,
What a joyous reunion you must be having right now. You truly endured to the end. What a great
example you set for all of us. We will miss you. You have touched so many lives with your sweetness.
May the good Lord bless and keep you until we meet again.
love, patsy
Goodbye sweet Gail. Although my heart aches, I know you are in a better place. You touched so many other people with your love, kindness, and example.
Peace to all the family left behind.
Michael
Sawyers-
I am glad my mom (Joyce) was able to make it out to say goodbye last week. My deepest regrets and prayers are sent your way. Some of my fondest memories of Washington as a child are with Gail and the girls-
Tiffany (McGrady) Tilton
Goodbye my sweet friend,
I will miss you terribly but I know you must be having a wonderful reunion. I will always love you and value your friendship.
I'll see you in a very short time.
Linda
I'm a former student of Professor Sawyers and received this news today via our MPA announcements.
When I sat down with Professor Sawyers to map out a future project, I mentioned I wanted to focus on my Native American community. He got really excited about the idea and began to talk to me about his wife and when his face lit up during that conversation, it was clear he loved her dearly and she was a wonderful person.
My heart goes out to your family, trust that the creator is taking good care of her.
Post a Comment