Saturday, January 19, 2008
Viewings and funeral
A viewing will be held on Tuesday the 22nd from 5pm to 7pm at the Evergreen Washelli funeral home in North Seattle at 11111 Aurora Avenue North, Seattle, WA. 98133. The funeral will be at the LDS Harbour Pointe Building on Wednesday the 23rd at 11am located at 11001 Harbour Pointe Blvd, Mukilteo, WA 98275. There will be a viewing held at the church one hour prior to the funeral service. Burial will take place directly after the service and will be at the Edmonds Memorial Cemetery in Edmonds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dear Friends,
I know that Gail's love and strengh will be in your hearts and help you through the very difficult days ahead. May the memories you all share bring much comfort and solace to you all.
Love,
Marianne
Dear Jim and family:
I know I am joined by the entire MNPL class of 2005 in the expression of our deepest sympathies in the loss of your wife, mother, grandmother, friend.
You may not remember me, Jim, I only know how much I learned from you--how quietly and confidently you encourged me to venture into areas beyond my familiarity--supporting me as I slowly moved forward in the maze of nonprofit financials. I also recall the depth of your respect for the CFOs in our class--that actually revealed a respect for all the professionism of each one of us.
I remember, too, one particular moment
after you'd just explained what seemed a complex, confusing assignment, when I spoke in an aside to the classmate beside me. Ever attentive to EVERYTHING in your classroom, you immediately called me out. I was a little embarrassed to reveal what I'd just said ("Ryan, we are totally screwed!") But, there you were--asking questions and pointing out unacknowledged strengths and understanding.
I did quite well in your class, amassing a real comfort in an area where I was completely at sea when I entered your classroom. I'm not sure I thanked you sufficiently for that.
I met your wife only once--when you allowed me the maximum time to complete an assignment that I delivered to your home, minutes before the deadline.
She greeted me warmly, almost like she knew me already. I saw a passle of grandchildren, I think, in the background. I walked back to my car thinking how rich your home life must be. From reading the blogs on this site, I see I was correct.
Please know how sorry I am in the face of this enormous loss--for all of you.
Barbara Curtis
MNPL 2005
Dear Sawyers, Gail's vibrancy, captured so poignantly in the photo of her standing in front of legions of brilliant flowers, will be missed by our family, as well as countless others who knew her [through church, Seattle University, other schools in the area, and various groups and organizations.]
I myself treasured Gail as a friend after we became acquainted through our husbands, both teachers at S.U. Our families enjoyed many good times together when our children were young, and we'll remember Gail always for her deep love of family, strong faith, desire to learn and serve, her brilliant mind, sharp wit, love for music, gusto for the gourmet, devotion to the Sea Hawks, zest for life, and grand love of chocolate! Gail was fun, funny, informative, endearing, uplifting, and exemplary.
My family and I are among the many who will never forget her and hope to see her again someday when we, too, shall pass to the other side. With loving memories of all the Sawyers and prayers that each will be especially comforted at this time. Nancy, Andrew, Juliana [Aldrich], and Susan Tadie
Dear Dr. Sawyer (One of the greatest professors in Seattle) - Our condolences and prayers are with you and your family. I am saddened to hear that you lost your dear wife. Stay strong and let me know if there is anything I can do. Bunni Thomas - Class of 1989 and 1994.
Post a Comment