A couple months ago, I asked everybody who checks this blog to post a comment to Mom to help get her spirits up, and she got an unbelievable amount of messages. I was wondering if we could do that again. When I visit her, I try to tell her all of the messages of love that people have left here, and would love it if I had to print out a long list of everyone that wants to say hi. I noticed that the blog had over 200 hits yesterday, and so I know there are lots of people out there who are thinking of Mom quite a bit. So, if you have a minute, please take some time to say hello to Mom, even if its nothing more than writing your name. If you want, write a favorite memory, tell how you know her, or just tell her you're thinking of her. It is also bringing a lot of comfort to our family to know how much our Mom is loved.
Mom is hanging in there. I took the kids down to see her yesterday. Noah spent his time with Grandma tickling her and talking to her. She was awake some of the time while we were there, and seemed to be aware of the conversations that we were having. She is an amazing woman.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
I am thinking of you all the time and I can't wait to be with you in a few days. I love you Mom.
Love Melissa
Dear Gail and family,
My prayers go out to you and your family, may you feel the peace and love that everyone is sending your way. Take care and remember you are in my prayers.
Love,
Cousin Irene
Hi Gail,
I hope your day is progressing smoothly.
I will never forget or be able to thank you enough for how comfortable you made me feel when I had to leave Lauren at Seattle University for the first time. Your concern and promise of being her second mom alleviated much of my worries, and through the months that followed you kept your word. Burt and I couldn't thank you and Jim enough for "adopting" her and including her, whether it was a special holiday like Thanksgiving, or just a weekend get away from campus.
While Lauren was in Seattle, your home was her home as well.
What a blessing you, Jim, Megan, and the rest of your family are to us.
You are such a wonderful person and it shows in the great family you and Jim have raised.
This was supposed to be a short note, but after all Gail, when we're talking about you and your generous and loving spirit, it's difficult to keep it short.
I love you Gail! You are always in my heart.
Peace be to you,
Marianne
Gail,
Becky and I are always thinking of you. We love you! I'll play the piano tonight and think of you as I do!
Jim and Becky Summers
Gail,
I know I never got the chance to sing that solo in church in Mukilteo, but hope to one day dedicate that song in your honor when I sing it elsewhere. It was also great when you and Jim opened your house up to the choir for those bbq's. Was always so welcoming, and I appreciated that.
Sending my love and prayers!
Jason Newkirk
Lots of music memories and some of my favorite have to do with the various concerts we went to through the years. Remember when we went to see Neil Diamond so many times we were sort of groupies, when we went see Tony Danza at the Layton Park, when everyone but me wanted to go home from the Bruce Springsteen concert because we were going deaf. We had some great times.
Dear Gail,
Of course I'm thinking of you again today. I hope your are having a peaceful day.
Music seems to be the theme of todays comments. It is because of you that I fell in love with Neil Diamond. I couldn't stand his music until you introduced me to more of his songs. Now MarJean have to go to every concert he performs here in SLC. I always think of you when I hear his songs.
I was playing the piano this morning and thinking of you. You would have a hard time enjoying my playing since it's not the best but I dedicated it to you today.
I love you and miss being able to take to you. Please feel peace and rest well.
Remember when Raeonna and I were supposed to meet you at ZCMI downtown during general conference priesthood meeting so we could show off baby Sammy? We couldn't find a place to park and when we finally got there it was almost time for you to meet the men for dinner. The visit was way too short but you did get to see my first grandchild.
That reminds me of Ashley and Mario's wedding and how Sammy danced at the reception. He had a wonderful time. That was a fun trip for us. I'm glad we were able to do it.
I got carried away. Guess I better save some for another day.
Just remember that we love you.
Linda
As always I am thinking about you Aunt Gail.
It's so nice to read all the wonderful stories and uplifting comments from everyone. I especially appreciate Megan for always being so positive and optimistic in her posts on your blog, having that kind of support around you from the people you love is sooo important in your quality of life. I bet it will be so nice to have the rest of your family that cares so much about you arriving in the days ahead.
Linda brough back a funny memory for me about Ashley's wedding. Remember Grayson the ring bearer with his stark white shirt and bow tie under his tux? Remember how he was inside BEFORE the wedding sitting on one of the chairs and fell forward and cut his chin open all over the white shirt? And we were hurrying to get it washed out and had to sit in the car with the heater blowing on high to try and dry it out before she went down the aisle. That was super!
I love you very much! Love, Kris
Gail had a peaceful evening, awaking about 2am, taking medicine, and drifting back to sleep. Bather Rosene, just here, found Gail to be resting comfortably and able to communicate with a nod, glance, or ocassional short word, even while she appears to be in the midst of sleep. Gail is able to swallow very small pills and yesterday took some sips of water throughout the day (from a dosing spoon) and some sips of Ensure, also. The Hospice nurse, Sandy, arrives midday today.
Jim
Aunt Gail,
My mom and I were just talking the other day about the time she came up to Seattle and we surprised you at the Mariner's game. You got the funniest look on your face when you realized who it was standing there on the sidewalk! We still laugh about how fun that trip was!
Love you,
Erin
Dear Gail, I remember lots of going into your bedroom and talking and talking while sitting on your bed. I remember dances on the base where something that looked good inside in the dark didn't look to attractive in the daylight!! I remember your intense crush on Frankie Avalon, and than on SLC's basketball team. When you were in LA getting ready to take Megan to see OJ's house. Did you ever see it? I remember being so moved by your beautiful playing on the piano, wonderful Thanksgivings, spookhouses and so many happy trips to the Dairy Queen in Layton or was it Kaysville? Going to the movies to see Elvis's first movies (I thought he was a greaser and didn't really like him but the movies were fun, so many wonderful memories. You will always be in the memories of family and childhood. Losing touch when you first got married and than reconnecting when you moved to Seattle. It was so nice to have you and your new little family around. I didnt get to see your family grow up nor you mine but we always managed to touch bases every now and than and it was never strained, it was always talking to an old friend. You and yours remain in our prayers and thoughts. jm
Hi Gail,
While reading the other comments from family and friends, I found another common interest we share. In addition to our love of chocolates, we both enjoy the sounds of Neil Diamond and if I'm not mistaken, ELVIS!
I'm also learning about the love you have for the piano. I wish I could have heard you play. When I was young I was forced to practice playing classical music, until my instructor suggested adding in more show tunes, which motivated me a little more. Now that I'm older, I wish I had put more time and energy into the piano. I really appreciate the talents of others who are able to play well.
I wish you many sweet and peaceful thoughts as you rest.
Love,
Marianne
Hi Gail,
It's getting late here but I was just watching a program about Hawaii and the surf there. I can never think of the ocean without thinking of you and the love we both share of the beach and ocean. I don't think I ever told you how bad I felt that I couldn't go with you and Marilyn to Hawaii when you went with the Stars. I was excited that you were able to go. I just couldn't come up with the money then so I had to stay behind. But we've spent other fun times together (and sometimes with our families) at the shore in California, Oregon and Washington. Remember when we spent one evening in California sitting in the car, because it was too cold to be outside, listening to the waves?
When you sleep tonight pretend you can hear the waves and visualize being there. That is always very relaxing for me.
Love you lots and praying that you will all have peace and sweet dreams.
Linda
Dear Gail, Jim, and family,
You are in our daily thoughts and prayers. We love you and hope for comfort and peace for you at this time. We cherish the many memories we share with you over the many years. This blog is just one of many indications of the loving family you have. I have read this blog many times, but this is my first post.
Love,
Jim and Karen Layman (Colorado)
Gail rested well Wednesday evening/Thursday morning. Now agitation is stablized, we are working with Hospice to shift to liquids, from pills, where ever possible. Where a substitute liquid does not exist, then pills are crushed and mixed with a bit of apple sauce. Also, there is hopefulness that given continuing stability, Gail's dosages of calming drugs may be reduced a bit, to facilitate greater "wakefulness."
Jim
Gail,
This is Julie, Megan's friend, and I don't know if you remember me but I have so many great memories of being at your house! You were always so inviting and loved to laugh with us. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Julie and family
Hello Gail and Family,
I think of you often and send much love your way. Thank you for your ongoing example of strength and love.
Love,
Lesly Broadwater and Family
Ashley and I have spent the day here with Gail. She has been napping off and on , but arouses when we talk to her or mention a happy memory. She smiled at the blog messages and they sure brought back many happy memories for me and Ashley as we read them to her. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to send her messages of love.
Gail has taken a little bit of ensure and some juice. She seems to be comfortable and we are thankful for Maria for working so hard to care for her.
We are looking forward to Melissa's arrival tomorrow.
Even during this difficult time, Gail gives us small indications that she hears us and loves us. It has been a blessing to be here with her.
Hi Gail,
As usual I'm thinking of you and hoping that your day is pleasant and peaceful. What wonderful dreams you must be having! Rest well and remember that so many people love you and are wishing you well, including me. You are one very special lady who have touched so many, as only you can.
Dear family,
I'm glad to hear that Gail's dosage can be lowered to allow more "up time" and hopefully more interaction with loved ones.
You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Much love,
Marianne, Burt, and family
Dear Charlie,
Thank you for sharing your visit with us. It sounds like you and Ashley enjoyed a very pleasant time with Gail....time you will always cherish and remember.
Take care,
Marianne
Dearest sister-sister
Thinking of you every minute of evey day.
I think all of your many friends should learn the reason that you
have such talent playing the piano and organ. Gail was crazy mad in love with a young man whose mother
just happened to teach piano lessons. Well mom arranged for her
music lessons and in order to impress her "boyfriend" she would
practice and practice and practice.
She always was very talented in anything she chose to pursue so with that ability and practice you
all know why she plays so well.
I'm glad Kris and family were able
to visit. May the love everyone has
for you sustain on this part of your journey. I love you very much
love, patsy
Post a Comment