Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday night

Today is another rough day for our family. Mom's body seems to be in the process of shutting down. Her breathing has changed and she has been sleeping all day and is not responsive to us at all. Charlie, Ashley, my dad, and I have been with Mom all day. Charlie has just left to go to the airport to pick up Melissa so that we can all be here with Mom. My dad left this on a post, but I wanted to have it on the main page...

Friday, 4 PM

The Hospice visiting nurse just left, having attended to Gail and coached the family about how to care for her in her final hours. Gail appears to be in no pain, even as the vital systems of her body are now in the process of shutting down. Thanks to all, again, for those many, many who keep Gail and our family in your thoughts and prayers.
Jim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear family,

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on Gail's condition. My heart aches for all of you but I know the Lord is blessing you with the strength that you each need right now as he has done through all of this. I'm so glad you are all there together. I know Gail knows you're there too.

I will dearly miss my very good friend. I hope that we will be able to keep in touch. I love all of you and want to know how you are doing in your lives.

My love and prayers are with you and Raeonna sends hers.

Linda