Saturday, January 12, 2008

party at Mom's

Mom had a full house today. Mom's niece, Kris, and her family came by today. Kris' son Grayson made a nice card for Mom that we taped to her banner. Jim and Becky Summers also came by for a while.


Always the sports fanatic, we had the Seahawks playoff game on her big screen TV while we visited. Mom was definitely not feeling as well today as she was yesterday, and was not able to say anything. She also didn't feel up to eating or drinking much of anything. She had her eyes open quite a bit while her visitors were there, and gave us a smile or two when she was listening to us talk. I got a big smile out of her when she heard that Ashley is probably coming back to town next week, and Kris and I were joking that Mom's house is going to be party central in the next week or two, with a lot of Mom's favorite people coming in and out.

11 comments:

Marianne said...

Hi everyone,

What wonderful photos! It's great to see Gail soaking up so much warm sunshine streaming through the windows. What a great location for her bed! I wonder if she's thinking about the vacations she took to the coast. Oh well, Gail has so many wonderful memories that she could be thinking of. Actually, I agree that she's listening to the conversation that's going on around her and feels blessed to have so many loving people surrounding her.

Party central is the perfect term. I'm sure there will be much reflection and reconnecting going on. I know you will all cherish every moment of it!

I love you Gail and I wish you much comfort, happy thoughts, and peace! You are such a wonderful and loving person!

Love to you all,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Gail rested peacefully Saturday evening. This morning (Sunday) she awoke about 7 am, took some liquid medicine and a few sips of water, then slipped back to sleep around 8.

Anonymous said...

Gail,
I'm so glad we got to come over yesterday. But it looks like even the Seahawks socks we brought you, couldn't even help the Seahawks yesterday.

This week will be good for you to have everyone coming in to see you. I think we warned your caregiver Maria (what a sweet lady) ahead of time, that you all like to have a good time together.

I love you very much and am glad I got to spend some time with you yesterday.

Love, Kris

Anonymous said...

Hi from SLC,

I'm glad you had some more good company yesterday. I bet there has been even more today. I hope so.

I can't believe how big Kris's boys are. I guess I just thought they'd stay little like they were the last time I saw them. They were just little guys then, like my Moses. I loved the pictures.

I keep thinking of you in that room with all the wonderful windows. It's nice to see it in a picture. I had your bed along the other window in my mind though.

I'm sure next week will be filled with lots of noise, laughter and love. Just the way you like it.

I hope you are resting comfortably and enjoying your own quiet thoughts. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs to all of you.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Gail experienced a great deal of discomfort Sunday evening. Fortunately friend and spiritual advisor Linda Sager was available to help calm Gail while increasing doses of medicines gradually helped her to stabilize.

Dawn said...

Thank you to everyone for keeping me informed this weekend. I am counting the hours until I can be with you. I love you and will see you soon.
Charlie

Marianne said...

Hi Gail,
I hope your day has been pleasant so far and continues this way. I wish you peaceful thoughts and comforting dreams. I love you!

Dear family,
Thank you for the updates on Gail's condition. I know it can't be easy for you at this time, but you are all helping Gail, especially with the help of Linda, to achieve much peace and serenity. I'm sure, this is how Gail would want to be....filled with tranquility and surrounded by loving family and friends, recapturing fun memories.

Much love to you all,
Marianne

Spencer and Julie said...

You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family and great friends! How great it is to have so much love!
We are sending you a big hug from Salt Lake City and want you know you are in our thoughts and prayers,
Love from Julie and family

joyce mcgrady said...

Dear family and friends, as usual I check the blog to see how things are going. While Gail would go in and out I was pleasantly happy to see she was understanding more than I would have imagined. We conversed about her trip to Europe and how beautiful Paris is. She didn't seem to like London very much from what I could gather. I just talked off and on and she would make me aware of what she was interested in. What a beautiful person she is, which you all can attest to. I'm happy its party central since I know she likes people being there. Maria is truly a good match for Gail, and Maria if you are made aware of this comment, you truly are a good lady. Loving memories and remembering Gail in her good days continues to comfort me and all those who have always loved her. jm

Marianne said...

To all the wonderful people who are sharing their experiences and memories of Gail through this blog:

Thank you very much! I personally know what a wonderful person Gail is, but from reading your entries I am able to "piece together" the complete woman, and I'm made aware of how extensive her loving and caring for others are.

I am truly blessed to have been touched by Gail's friendship, even if only for a little while. The impact that she's made on me will never be forgotten.

Love and Aloha(thank you),
Marianne

Anonymous said...

The Hospice nurse was with Gail about two hours today. She reports Gail to be alert and strengthening a bit, now that the pain and anti-agitation medications and dosages have been, by experience, calibrated to her specific situation. Most of the pills, now, are being replaced with easier-to-swallow liquids. Not much interest in TV...this evening Gail is resting peacefully.
Jim